Global Energy Industry Insights and Solutions
Dean Steven Currall Interviews Amy Myers Jaffe, Executive Director of Energy and Sustainability
As energy policy takes center stage internationally in economics, national security and the geopolitical landscape, Dean Steven Currall poses these key questions to Amy Jaffe, executive director of energy and sustainability for the Graduate School of Management and the Institute of Transportation Studies:
- Should the U.S. approve the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline?
- How soon could renewable power sources make oil obsolete?
- What about nuclear power? Has regulation and the Fukushima disaster in Japan sunk that option? And what about risk management?
- How are Middle East petrodollars and global financial markets intertwined and how can we prevent boom-bust cycles?
- What consumer and business behaviors need to change beyond energy efficiency?
- What role should government play in funding, regulating and embracing new and existing technologies and energy markets?
- How are UC Davis research collaborations, rubber-hits-the-road test beds such as the net-zero West Village campus community, alternative transportation projects and clean tech breakthroughs impacting our global energy future?