Are you in need of a strategic plan, market analysis, or financial model to further your ideas?
Sourcing Company Projects
Student teams work directly with major firms that have included Google, AT&T, Gartner, and Mars, Inc. We solicit project proposals year-round for engagement in fall, winter and spring quarters.
Why Work with UC Davis MBAs?
The UC Davis Graduate School of Management has been ranked in the top 10% of business schools for 18 consecutive years. The School’s prime location on the corridor linking Sacramento, the state capital, and the world’s innovation hub in the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley creates endless opportunities for new ideas and knowledge in all areas of business, including food and agriculture technology, energy, healthcare and sustainability.
- Student Dedication. Working in teams of 6-7, UC Davis MBA students fortified with the academic skills from their IMPACT curriculum, and an average five years of work experience in diverse industries and functions will tackle your business challenge.
- Faculty Leadership. Each consulting team is mentored closely by a faculty member with both executive leadership and management consulting experience to research a meaningful business challenge, and develop custom actionable recommendations for the sponsor.
- Business Partnership. Sponsoring a project gives you a link between the School and the business community, providing a superior education to the next generation of thought leaders and corporate managers.
Expectations of the Client Sponsor:
- Engagement. Commitment to the process is a critical element of success for an IMPACT project, and the most important sponsor investment.
- Ongoing Team Communication. A company contact holds regular phone and/or video conferences with the student team, usually on a weekly basis.
- Key Meetings. The executive sponsor and project lead should attend three key meetings during the 10-week project engagement: the project launch, the interim check-in, and the final presentation.
- Qualifying Donation of $10,000. This tax-deductible donation supports the MBA IMPACT curriculum, and gives sponsors membership into the Business Partnership Program.
|Fall||Full-Time MBA, Davis Campus||Late September – Early December||July|
|Winter||Part-Time MBA, Bay Area Campus||Early January – Late March||November|
|Spring||Part-Time MBA, Sacramento Campus||Early April – Early June||February|
How to Submit a Project Proposal