Advanced Analysis of Financial Information
Presented by: Hollis Skaife, Ph.D. Professor of Accounting and Information Systems
UC Davis Graduate School of Management
In business today, every successful manager and leader needs to be able to speak and understand the language of finance. With more integrated strategic operations and more dynamic organizations, these skills that were once reserved for accountants and finance professionals are quickly becoming needed by everyone for career success.
Current Dates and Locations for this program
- 2018 Dates Coming Soon!
About Advanced Analysis of Financial Information
In this program, you will build on the learning that took place in the Analysis of Financial Information program by discussing the earnings forecasting process and how the discretion in financial reporting can influence such decisions at your organization. In addition, the program will provide you with insights into the variation in financial reporting quality across companies and over time, as well as the implications that this will cause for your stakeholders.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is designed as a follow up to the Analysis of Financial Statements program, and is open to anyone who has a basic understanding of the financial reporting process and wants to garner greater expertise in understanding the information content of financial statements and link that knowledge to improved business performance.
Learning Objectives & Program Benefits
As a follow-up to Analysis of Financial Information, this program has been designed to further improve your financial and business acumen with the ultimate goal of understanding how routine, as well as innovative, decisions affect your companies’ performance as measured by accounting metrics. You will:
- Learn the language of finance
- Gain insights and tools to help you decode how financial decisions impact the overall business strategy
- Discuss how your increased knowledge of finance can lead to improving the overall strategic performance of your institution
- Continental Breakfast: 8:00-9:00am
- Morning Session: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Working / Networking Lunch: 12:00-1:30pm
- Afternoon Session: 1:30-4:30pm
The registration fee for this one-day program is $1,500.
- Fee includes all program materials, education fees, continental breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Special pricing available to UC Davis alumni.
- Group pricing rates are available if registering two or more people from the same company at the same time.