Maximizing Your Mentoring and Developmental Network
Presented by: Greta Hsu, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Management
UC Davis Graduate School of Management
To schedule an Open Enrollment Executive Education program, please contact Natalie Hull-Frazier.
Your success in the workplace depends on the quality of your mentoring relationships. Research has shown mentors can impact important career outcomes such as pay, career advancement, and work satisfaction. In recent years, changes in the structures of careers have necessitated changes in approaches to the mentoring relationship.
About Maximizing your Mentoring and Developmental Network
In this workshop, you will learn about an alternative approach that centers on cultivating a “developmental network”—a set of advisors you turn to for informational, emotional, and strategic support. You will build understanding of what effective mentoring and developmental networks look like, the principles that make these networks so effective, and common challenges people face in building and maintaining effective developmental relationships.
Who Should Attend?
Any executive who is looking to improve their effectiveness in leveraging their mentoring and professional networks.
Learning Objectives & Program Benefits
- Gain understanding of key principles of effective mentoring networks
- Diagnose your current network structure and areas for improvement
- Discuss strategies for effectively building and using your networks, as well as common challenges people face in doing so
- Receive coaching and guidance on how to overcome common challenges
- Develop a plan for the important steps you will take to develop and maintain an effective network of mentoring relationships
- Continental Breakfast: 8:00-9:00am
- Program Session: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Networking Lunch: 12:00-1:00pm
CONTACT NATALIE HULL-FRAZIER FOR REGISTRATION INFO
- Fee includes all program materials, education fees, continental breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Special pricing available to UC Davis alumni.
- Group pricing rates are available if registering two or more people from the same company at the same time.