Optimization Modeling Using Excel
Presented by: David Woodruff, Ph.D. Professor of Management
UC Davis Graduate School of Management
In this day of limited resources and the need for optimal decision making, having the expertise to create optimal decision models is a key to success.
Current Dates and Locations for this program
Optimization Modeling using Excel
In this hands-on workshop, you will develop the skills to use the solver that is built into Excel to create successful optimization models. With coaching and direction from Professor David Woodruff, you’ll work through simple examples that allow you to finish the day by working on realistic scale models
By working with real-world models, you will also learn about scalability issues and how to develop manageable models. You will be able to put these new skills to work immediately when you return to your company.
Who Should Attend?
This program has been designed for
- Managers and Engineers who want to use the solver in Excel to improve their organization’s modeling functionality
Learning Objectives and Program Benefits
- Acquire an understanding of optimization
- Learn how to build spreadsheet models that are more amenable to optimization
- Learn how to use the Excel solver to automatically find optimal values for cells in a spreadsheet
- Improve the results you get from Excel models
- Continental Breakfast: 8:00 – 9:00am
- Morning Session: 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Lunch: 12:00 – 1:30pm
- Afternoon Session: 1:30 – 4:30pm
The registration fee for this one-day program is $1,000.
- Fee includes all program materials, education fees, continental breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Special pricing available to UC Davis alumni.
- Group pricing rates are available if registering two or more people from the same company at the same time.