Optimization Modeling Using Excel
Presented by: David Woodruff, Ph.D. Professor of Management
UC Davis Graduate School of Management
In this day of limited resources and the need for data-driven decision making, having the expertise to create optimal decision models is a key to success.
Sessions and Locations
Optimization Modeling using Excel
In this hands-on workshop, you will develop those skills needed to use the solver that is built into Excel in order to create successful optimization models. You will accomplish this by working though simple examples under the coaching and direction of Professor Woodruff, finishing the day by working on realistic scale models. You will also learn about scalability issues and how to develop models that are manageable by working with real-world models, gaining skills that you can put to work immediately when they return to your organizations.
Who Should Attend?
This program has been designed for
- Managers and Engineers who want to use the solver in Excel to improve their organization’s modeling functionality
Learning Objectives & Program Benefits
- Acquire an understanding of optimization
- Learn how to build spreadsheet models that are more amenable to optimization
- Learn how to use the Excel solver to automatically find optimal values for cells in a spreadsheet
- Improve the results you get from Excel models
- Continental Breakfast: 8:00-9:00am
- Morning Session: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Lunch: 12:00-1:30pm
- Afternoon Session: 1:30-4:30pm
The registration fee for this one-day program is $1,000.
- Fee includes all program materials, education fees, continental breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Special pricing available to UC Davis alumni.
- Group pricing rates are available if registering two or more people from the same company at the same time.