Strategy Boot Camp: Fundamentals in Strategic Management
Presented by: Gina Dokko, Ph.D. Associate Professor of Management
UC Davis Graduate School of Management
Why are some firms more successful than others? This program has been designed to specifically address that question by covering the fundamentals in strategic management of organizations.
Current Dates and Locations for this program
About Strategy Boot Camp: Fundamentals in Strategic Management
Regardless of whether you earned your MBA in the classroom or learned your management skills in the boardroom, this program will incorporate all of the learning you wish you hadn’t forgotten. Using mini-cases and exercises, you will refresh or build your strategic analysis toolkit, enabling you to be the best you can be as a leader in your organization. Using mini-cases and exercises, you will refresh or build your strategic analysis toolkit. The first 3 hours will be dedicated to analysis of the external environment and competition, including:
- industry structure
- analysis of resources and
- opportunity recognition
In the second 3 hours, we will cover what it means to be a strategist:
- understanding the role of vision and purpose
- making choices that create value
- being agile without acting randomly and
- converting strategic plans into action
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals who are responsible for leading businesses
- MBAs whose careers would benefit from a refresher on strategic management in organizations
Learning Objectives & Program Benefits
Career progression in organizations often involves transitioning from functional contributor to strategic manager. This program will give rising managers a chance to step back and think strategically about your businesses. The skills learned in this program will enable you to take a more structured approach to strategic analysis, and to craft strategic action.
- Continental Breakfast: 8:00-9:00am
- Morning Session: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Working / Networking Lunch: 12:00-1:30pm
- Afternoon Session: 1:30-4:30pm
The registration fee for this one-day program is $1,500.
- Fee includes all program materials, education fees, continental breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Special pricing available to UC Davis alumni.
- Group pricing rates are available if registering two or more people from the same company at the same time.