DVM/MBA Combined Degree Program
Earn your Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and Master of Business Administration in 4 Years
DVM/MBA Program Details
The DVM/MBA program prepares you to quickly assume management and leadership roles in a range of veterinary fields.
UC Davis DVM students can earn both degrees with one additional year of study during the DVM program. Typically students would need two additional years to complete the MBA.
The field of veterinary medicine is changing and the solo practitioner model is giving way to more and larger group practices as well as corporate ownership of veterinary practices.
At the same time, the business of animal healthcare and nutrition has become a multi-billion dollar industry that would benefit from the combined skills and knowledge of DVM and MBA graduates.
The UC Davis MBA program is ranked in the top 10% of programs in the United States. In the classroom, you will have an opportunity to work with professionals from diverse backgrounds who value the perspective that you can bring. Combining deep knowledge with opportunities to apply and integrate that learning in real-world settings,
- Years 1 & 2 – First 2 Years of DVM Coursework
- Year 3 – 1 Year of MBA coursework over 12 months (fall, winter, spring, summer quarters)
- Years 4 & 5 – Final 2 years of DVM coursework
12-month MBA Curriculum
60 quarter units of instruction, 15 each quarter
MBA Core Courses (30 units)
- 200A Financial Accounting
- 201A The Individual and Group Dynamics
- 201B Organizational Strategy and Structure
- 202A Markets and the Firm
- 203A Data Analysis for Managers
- 204 Marketing Management
- 205 Financial Theory and Policy
- 252 Managing for Operational Excellence
- 268 Articulation and Critical Thinking
- 440 Integrated Management Project, MBA Capstone
MBA Elective Courses – 30 Total Units
Funding is available to cover the cost of the MBA program tuition and fees.
Deadlines and Information
Application deadlines and in-depth admissions information can be found here.