A cross-campus collaboration between the Office of Research, the Internship and Career Center, and the Mike and Renee Child Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, this two-quarter program prepares and connects undergraduate students with internship opportunities at startups and innovative companies.
Entrepreneurship Quest: Undergraduate Internship Program (EQUIP) provides training in innovation, leadership and design thinking while preparing students from all disciplines—including humanities, social sciences and STEM—for successful work experiences in the regional economy.
The program prepares and connects undergraduate students with internships in regional startups and other innovative companies. Through a series of educational workshops and events prior to (or during) the internship experience, EQUIP nurtures the leadership development of participants as they cultivate a network of fellow students, mentors and business leaders. Internship participation provides students with the immediate opportunity to apply what they have learned while continuing to build a network for future career opportunities.
Program funding for EQUIP is provided by the State of California through Assembly Bill 2664: University of California Innovation and Entrepreneurship Expansion.
Program Eligibility and Requirements
Program participants are:
- Current UC Davis undergraduate students in good academic standing in any discipline
- Enrolled and available to participate for the duration of the program (September 2018 – March or June 2019, depending on internship placement)
- Prepared to accept an internship placement beginning either Fall Quarter 2018 or Winter Quarter 2019
Successful program completion requires attendance at all program events (see below) and completion of an internship no later than spring 2019.
|Session #1||Saturday, September 29, 2018||10 a.m. – 2 p.m.|
|Session #2||Monday, October 8, 2018||4 – 6 p.m.|
|Session #3||Saturday, October 13, 2018||10 a.m. – 2 p.m.|
|Session #4||Monday, October 15, 2018||4 – 6 p.m.|
|Attend part of one day||
Wednesday – Thursday,
|10 a.m – 2 p.m.|
|Session #5||Monday, October 22, 2018||4 – 6 p.m.|
|Session #6||Monday, October 29, 2018||4 – 6 p.m.|
|Session #7||Monday, November 5, 2018||4 – 6 p.m.|
|Session #8||Winter Quarter 2019||TBD|
|Attend part of one day||Aggie Innovation and Startup Symposium||April 12, 2019|
For additional Information
- Lynn Fowler, Sr. Career Advisor / EQUIP Program Coordinator, Internship and Career Center at email@example.com or 530.752.4006
- Sumiko Hong, Special Projects Manager, Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530.752.0235