Executive Director, Master of Professional Accountancy
Research Expertise: Financial and tax accounting
Will Snyder is the executive director of the UC Davis Master of Professional Accountancy program.
Before joining UC Davis in 2012, Snyder served as a full-time member of the Charles W. Lamden School of Accountancy at San Diego State University (SDSU) for the past 24 years. Prior to that, he was an adjunct faculty at SDSU as well as a partner with Deloitte Haskins and Sells. He was also a professor at the University of Southern California, his alma mater, from 1992 to 1994.
Snyder has received more than three dozen awards for outstanding teaching by numerous student organizations and faculty. He has demonstrated his dedication to students time and time again in their pursuit of excellence in the field.
- Former partner at Deloitte, one of the Big Four global accounting firms
- 24-year faculty member, Charles W. Lamden School of Accountancy, San Diego State University
- More than three dozen awards for outstanding teaching, including “Most Influential Faculty Member” a record 12 times
- 2010 Outstanding Accounting Educator: 36,000-member CalCPA and California CPA Education Foundation for his “significant contribution”
- Professional experience: taxation of U.S. citizens working abroad, tax planning for professional athletes, taxation issues of consolidated entities