MPAc Candidacy and Graduation Requirements
Timeline for June 2019
Submit both required forms listed below to your program manager, Alex Minnis, GH-1101 or by email by Friday, April 5. Failure to meet deadlines may delay awarding of your degree.
Step 1: Complete two forms
- Please check Professional Accountancy in the top section titled “Candidacy for the Degree of Master”
- Complete your personal information; include your email address
- Degree Sequence Number: Leave blank
- Graduate Program: MPAc
- Program Code: GPAC
- Be sure to sign and date form. Graduate Studies will not process forms without this information.
- Page 2: Please fill out MPAc courses you have/plan to take under the “Graduate level courses completed or to be completed for the master’s degree” section.
- Payment Validation: A $55 Candidacy Fee (Student takes form and fee payment to Cashier’s Office (1200 Dutton Hall) for payment validation. You may pay with cash or check. This fee goes towards professional development programming (including GradPathways), which has programming open to all students. Once you pay the Candidacy Fee, the Cashier’s Office will stamp your forms. Please then return the forms to your Program Manager.
- Complete Name, Student ID, Graduate Program (Master of Professional Accountancy) and Degree (MPAc)
- No further action required. GSM will complete the form after your exam in June for submission to Graduate Studies.
Step 2: Return Validated Candidacy Form and Master’s Report Form, Plan II
Student returns validated Candidacy Form and Master’s Report Form, Plan II to program manager by Friday, April 5.
June 2019 Graduation Requirements
- Complete 48 required units
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Complete the capstone examination
To review accumulated units, refer to RaPS.
- Contact Program Manager Alex Minnis, (530) 752-9555.
- Degrees are conferred at the end of each quarter. Diplomas will be mailed for those students covered by the Document Fee approximately 18-20 weeks following the end of the term for which you applied for graduation. Diplomas held for Student Accounting holds will be mailed once the hold is cleared.
- Should you need proof of your degree prior to your diploma being available, please refer to the Education Verification webpage.