MSBA Candidacy and Graduation Requirements
Timeline for JUNE 2020:
Submit both required forms listed below to your Program Manager, Shachi Govil by March 17. Failure to meet deadlines may delay awarding of your degree.
Step 1: Complete two forms
- Please check “Science” in the top section.
- Complete your personal information including your email address
- Degree Sequence Number: Leave blank
- Graduate Program: MSBA
- Program Code: GBAX
- Be sure to sign and date form. (Forms without this information will not be processed by Graduate Studies.)
- Page 2: No action, GSM will complete for you
- Payment Validation: a $55 Candidacy Fee (submit the form and fee to the Program Manager who will take the form and fee payment to Cashier’s Office (1200 Dutton Hall) for payment validation. You may pay with cashier’s check, money order or check, made payable to UC Regents. Cash payment can only be made directly at the Cashier’s Office. This fee goes towards GradPathways, which has professional development programming open to all students.
- Complete Name, Student ID, Graduate Program (Master of Science in Business Analytics) and Degree (M.S.)
- No further action required. GSM will complete the form after your exam in June for submission to Graduate Studies.
Step 2: Return Validated Candidacy Form and Master’s Report Form, Plan II
Student returns validated Candidacy Form and Master’s Report Form, Plan II to Program Manager by March 17.
June 2020 Graduation Requirements
- Complete 44 required units
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Complete the comprehensive examination
To review accumulated units refer to RaPS.
- Contact your Program Manager, Shachi Govil
- Degrees are conferred at the end of each quarter. Diplomas will be available to those students covered by the Document Fee approximately 18-20 weeks following the end of term. Diplomas held for Student Accounting holds will be available once the hold is cleared.
- Should you need proof of your degree prior to your diploma being available, please refer to the Education Verification webpage.
Diplomas are disbursed only through the Office of the University Registrar (not the GSM). You can request that your diploma be mailed by completing a request form (PDF) and submitting directly to the Office of the University Registrar or, if you prefer, it can be picked up in person at 3100 Dutton Hall.