Orientation: Business Boot Camp for Full-Time Incoming Students
Congratulations on your admittance to the UC Davis MBA program. We look forward to welcoming you to the Graduate School of Management (GSM) community.
2018 programming information for the Communication & Culture Boot Camp and Orientation: Business Boot Camp will be posted on CANVAS. Below are the dates for 2018 programming:
Communication & Culture Boot Camp
August 27 – 31, 2018
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Orientation: Business Boot Camp
September 4 – 24, 2018
9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
The following information references the 2018 Communication & Culture Boot Camp and Full-Time MBA Orientation.
Communication & Culture Boot Camp
August 27 – 31, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Attendance is required for International students, highly recommended for permanent residents, and optional for domestic students.
The Communication & Culture Boot Camp covers graduate-level communication and presentation skills with a focus on enhancing cultural understanding of Western business methods and norms.
The boot camp will be held in Gallagher Hall on the UC Davis campus. You will hear from speakers, engage in intensive writing seminars, participate in fluency workshops, and access opportunities to begin researching companies and career options.
Business Bootcamp 2018
September 4 – September 24, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Attendance is required for all students.
MBA Orientation 2018 will prepare you academically, professionally and socially to excel in the UC Davis MBA program and beyond. We’ve created a comprehensive program that includes action learning sessions, critical thinking exercises, and networking opportunities to set the stage for your future success at UC Davis.
The $500 Orientation Fee covers partial costs for orientation and is due when you sign up for orientation. Costs include speaker fees, room rentals, materials, business cards, professional name tags, ropes course, and outside registration fees, as well as meals and snacks.
Sign-up here for Business Bootcamp and the Communication & Culture Boot Camp (registration required).
What to Expect
- You should wear lightweight, casual business attire on most orientation days, as the Davis weather in August/September averages in the high 90s F (35 C). Formal business attire is expected for some sessions; we will notify you prior to the session.
- Ensure that you have activated your UC Davis username and email prior to arriving at orientation.
- Bring your laptop and charger. For details regarding computing information, go here.
- Ensure you have administrative access to install printer drivers and printers;
- Ensure that your laptop has MS Windows 7 or higher (XP is not supported);
- If using a Mac, additional software may be necessary to run Windows-only applications.
- Expect to receive additional information about the Associated Students of Management (ASM), including information on student-run events and how you can become an ASM member.
Location and Parking
- The Communication & Culture Boot Camp will be held at Gallagher Hall (next door to the Alumni Center). Orientation location coming soon. Please access the UC Davis interactive campus map to find the exact locations.
- Parking areas for Orientation 2016 and the Communication & Culture Boot Camp include Visitor Parking Lots 1 and 2 and the Gateway Parking Structure located adjacent to the Mondavi Center. Please review the Visitor Permit Parking Area map to find these parking areas.
- Parking permits are required and available for $9 from the automated kiosk located in the Gateway Parking Structure as well as the Visitor Parking (VP) Lot 1 just south of Gallagher Hall. There are also multiple bike parking (free) locations around the buildings.
The Hyatt Place UC Davis, is located just steps from Gallagher Hall.
Room block rates $139 per night.
To reserve your room click here.
- Under “MAKE A RESERVATION” add your arrival and departure dates that fall within the following time frame 08/22/2016 - 9/20/2016;
- Click “Check Availability” and our group room block will appear;
- When you see “GSM Orientation” click on “Select”;
- Proceed with checkout.
- If you have questions, contact Kristyn Areson at (530) 297-3183 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms To be Filled Out and Brought With You to Orientation
If you have questions, please contact us via email or call Full-Time MBA Program Manager Jacqueline Romo at (530) 752-3593.
Register for Fall Courses
Fall registration will open on August 9.