You’ll enjoy a calendar packed with opportunities, many of which you’ll have a hand creating and planning.
- Ideas Into Action: Our students collaborate in global, national and regional business and investment competitions. A team of UC Davis MBA students advanced to the semifinals of the Nespresso Sustainability MBA Challenge 2014 for their innovative concept for sustainable quality coffee sourcing. The challenge inspired 59 proposals from business schools around the world.
- Dining with the Deans: Bay Area MBA students enjoy quarterly informal lunches with our deans. It’s an opportunity to get to know one another and to discuss important issues, including curriculum, course scheduling and program updates.
- Leading with Integrity: Believing that integrity is a cornerstone of leadership, students begin their MBA experience with a student-initiated ethics pledge to “complete my degree with honesty and integrity” and to “hold myself and my classmates to the highest standards of honor from this day forward.”
- Unite – Connect – Do: In the spirit of unity, MBAAllStars aim to bring the students, alumni, faculty and staff of all UC Davis MBA and MPAc programs together to establish and strengthen connections and forge a strong foundation upon which to do meaningful work.
- A World of Opportunity: Bay Area MBA students may spend one to three weeks at LUT School of Business in Finland during the summer quarter. Relax in a sauna after a day in the classroom studying energy, innovation or international business in an intensive MBA course.
- Igniting Entrepreneurship: The UC Davis Child Family Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship brings MBA students and investors together with scientists and engineers from around the world to develop the commercial potential of their research breakthroughs. Together, they build businesses from the ground up—and develop lasting relationships with faculty, their peers, and the entrepreneurial community both on and off the campus.
- Make a Big Bang! Launched in 2000 by a team of Part-Time MBA students, UC Davis’ annual business competition provides a wealth of resources for developing and testing entrepreneurial visions. MBA students teamed with UC Davis researchers to launch 2014 Big Bang! People’s Choice winner Zasaka. The startup offers agricultural solutions to sub-Saharan farmers.