Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Training with Richard Park
Finance Association Signature Event
Gallagher Hall, Room 1213
The registration fee is $70. Enter the discount code “Davis” at checkout to get the $70 rate. Registration deadline is November 10th.
THINKdeal Training (www.thinkdealtraining.com), will be visiting University of California Davis on Sunday November 12th, for a 4th consecutive academic year, to provide a 1 day training course, on the buy-side investment process, used within mergers & acquisitions, private equity, and investment banking. The program’s focus is on the buy-side (acquiring, investing) process of deal making, while providing deep insights on the sell-side (selling, divesting) and capital raising. Typically, this knowledge is gained through prior investment experience.
Who Should Attend:
The course is a complement to MBA studies and it is non-financial modeling / quantitative focused. The training provides differentiated knowledge by going beyond traditional academic finance, accounting, and financial modeling/valuation. Students interested in corporate finance, investment banking, strategy consulting, private equity, corporate M&A, and corporate functions impacted by global mergers & acquisitions are encouraged to attend.
THINKdeal Training was created by executive M&A and Private Equity professionals, for the benefit of students, looking to obtain a deep and practical understanding of the full investment process. We have a passion to mentor and coach students, to help them realize their professional and academic aspirations. We work with a variety of MBA/Masters programs including Northwestern University (Kellogg), UCLA (Anderson), Virginia (Darden), Southern Methodist University (Cox), Boston College (Carroll), Georgetown (McDonough), UC-Irvine (Merage), and a host of others.
Topics for the upcoming M&A and Private Equity training include (also applicable to banking and consulting):
- Industry Primer (Including trends, metrics, type of firms, roles & responsibilities)
- Firm Structures, Roles, and Employment Ecosystem, Including Often Overlooked Positions
- Sell-Side Process: Deep Review of Full Sell-side Transaction Process, Key Deliverables and Analytics. How Do Investors Think in a Sell or Acquire Scenario?
- Strategic Options: What Are the Strategic Options and Alternatives to M&A Decisions?
- Capital Raising: What Are Different Sources of Capital? How Does One Raise Funds? What Is the Process?
- Deal Sourcing: How Do Investors Source, Filter and Evaluate Deals?
- Due Diligence: What is Due Diligence, Who is Involved, and What Are Best Practices? How is it Managed?
- Analytics: Types of Deal Analytics to Sell and Acquire used in Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, and Investment Banking?
- Legal Process: What is the Legal Process? What is Included in the Key Transaction Documents?
- Negotiations: A Seller and Acquirer’s Perspective
- Operational Integration and Value Creation: What is the Process to Plan and Execute Integrations?
- Recruitment Strategies: How Can I Pursue These Roles? What Are the Key Skill-sets? What Case Studies and Interview Questions Can I Expect?
- Partner at Poudre Valley Capital, a private equity firm
- President of the Northwestern University – Kellogg School of Management Orange County Alumni Club
- Leadership Advisory Board of Boston University – College of Arts & Sciences
- Previously, Vice President at Automatic Data Processing (Nasdaq: ADP), a Fortune 300 technology firm, focused on Mergers & Acquisitions and Commercial transactions
- Prior experiences include UBS Investment Bank and GE Capital
Education: Northwestern University (Kellogg MBA)