The three-day National Labs Entrepreneurship Academy is the premier academic program for commercializing science and engineering innovations coming out of Sandia National Labs (SNL), Los Alamos National Lab (LANL), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), and New Mexico Tech. Intended for participants from each sponsoring entity, the academy is a springboard to move research out of the lab and into the world.
The academy is taught by university faculty, investors, entrepreneurs and industry experts who serve as mentors and guest speakers. Participants gain the knowledge and network-building skills needed to develop the commercial potential of their research or idea.
The academy includes:
- An intensive opportunity to explore the market opportunities surrounding your ideas and your research.
- Daily seminars and interactive sessions taught by leading investors, industry executives and entrepreneurs.
- The tools to communicate the broader potential of your ideas and research.
- Evening mentoring sessions with industry executives and investors.
Location, Dates and Travel Information
This academy is planned for August 9-11, 2018, in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Continental breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided daily. Lodging and transportation are the participants’ responsibility.
To obtain maximum benefit from the program curriculum, participants are encouraged to attend all three full days of the academy.
2018 Featured Speakers
Speakers will be added as they are confirmed.
Andrew Hargadon – Faculty Director, UC Davis Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Tristan J. Mahyera – Licensing Executive, Sandia National Laboratories
Roger Werne – Deputy Director of Industrial Partnerships, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Call for Mentors
An integral part of the academy experience is the opportunity for participants to engage with industry professionals in two evenings. Academy mentoring sessions are planned for:
- Friday, August 10, Exact time TBD
- Saturday, August 11, Exact time TBD
If you are interested in serving as a mentor for participants at this academy, please apply below.