Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Training with Richard Park
Finance Association Signature Event
Gallagher Hall, Room 1213
Use discount code of “UCD2017″; Early bird registration is $55. Registration ends on Thursday, May 18 at 3:00 PM.
THINKdeal Training, will be visiting UC Davis to provide a 1-day training course on Saturday, May 20th (8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.), on the buy-side investment process, beyond financial modeling, used within Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, and Banking.
The program’s focus is on the buy-side (acquiring, investing) process of deal making, while providing deep insights on the sell-side (selling, divesting) transaction process. Typically, this knowledge is gained through prior investment or deal experience. The course is a complement to MBA studies and it is non-financial modeling focused. Students interested in investment banking, strategy consulting, private equity, transaction advisory services, M&A law, and corporate M&A are encouraged to attend.
THINKdeal Training was created by executive M&A and Private Equity professionals, for the benefit of students, looking to obtain a deep and practical understanding of the full investment process beyond financial modeling. We have a passion to mentor and coach MBA and law students, to help them realize their professional and academic aspirations. We work with many of the leading MBA and laws school programs.
Topics for the upcoming M&A and Private Equity training include (also applicable to banking and consulting):
- Deep review of sell-side transaction process
- Industry primer
- Deep review of buy-side transaction process, including:
- Investment strategies and thesis development
- Deal origination and sourcing
- Due diligence
- Strategic Options
- M&A related analytics (Valuation, Synergies, Financing)
- Legal process and deal documents
- Operational integration and value creation
- Recruitment strategies
- Partner at Poudre Valley Capital, a private equity firm
- President of the Northwestern University – Kellogg School of Management Orange County Alumni Club
- Leadership Advisory Board of Boston University – College of Arts & Sciences
- Previously, Vice President at Automatic Data Processing (Nasdaq: ADP), a Fortune 300 technology firm, focused on Mergers & Acquisitions and Commercial transactions
- Prior experiences include UBS Investment Bank and GE Capital
Education: Northwestern University (Kellogg MBA)