The National Veterinary Entrepreneurship Academy helps students, postdocs and faculty in veterinary medicine and science gain the knowledge and networks needed to identify, develop and validate the commercial potential of your research or idea.
The academy is presented by the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, a global leader in veterinary research, and the Mike and Renee Child Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Join us for our inaugural academy to grow your entrepreneurial mindset—and learn how to move your research out of the lab and into the world.
Registration for the academy will open in December. To be informed when registration is open, please complete this form and we will email you academy details and a link to register. The academy is open to applicants from any university as well as interested applicants with no university affiliation.
“The academy exposed us to all that it takes to become an entrepreneur, including a realistic view of the effort and sacrifice. It is very clear to me that it is essential to build a strong team—with abilities in areas that I lack—prior to even considering moving forward.”
The academy offers
- An intensive opportunity to frame and explore the market opportunities surrounding your research and ideas.
- An extensive series of hands-on workshops to guide you through the steps needed to address the technical, business, and market validation of your idea.
- The tools to communicate the broader potential of your research.
- Seminars and panels led by UC Davis faculty and by leading investors, industry executives and entrepreneurs.
- Mentoring sessions with industry executives and investors to focus your approach and hone your pitch.
Why you should attend
- We focus on outcomes: you’ll leave with next steps to move forward.
- Learn from experts who share their knowledge, insights and experience.
- Meet 60 peers from veterinary schools across the U.S.
- Study at UC Davis, one of the country’s leading research universities.
- Develop a network of professionals in the veterinary medicine and science field who can help you move forward with your career or new venture.
How to Apply
Registration for the academy will open in winter 2020. We encourage interested participants to sign up here to receive an email with program details and a link to register.
The academy is open to students, postdocs and faculty from any university, as well as interested applicants with no university affiliation.
To obtain maximum benefit from the program curriculum, we encourage participants to attend all four days of the academy.
Tuition and Other Costs
The $2,500 tuition includes all instruction and course materials, as well as an opening reception, and lunches and dinners during the three-day academy.
Attendees are responsible for their expenses related to travel to and from UC Davis, lodging and parking.
Location, Dates and Travel Information
The inaugural National Veterinary Entrepreneurship Academy will be held July 13–16, 2020, at UC Davis in Northern California.
Attendees are responsible for their expenses related to travel to and from UC Davis, lodging and parking. We have reserved a block of discounted rooms at the UC Davis Hyatt Place, a five-minute walk from the academy.
Call for Mentors
An integral part of the academy experience is the opportunity for participants to engage with industry professionals over two evenings. If you are interested in serving as a mentor for participants at this academy please click here to apply.