The National Veterinary Entrepreneurship Academy helps faculty, postdocs and students in veterinary medicine and science gain the knowledge and networks needed to identify, develop and validate the commercial potential of your research or idea.
The academy is presented by the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, a global leader in veterinary research, and the Mike and Renee Child Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Join us for our inaugural academy to grow your entrepreneurial mindset—and learn how to move your research out of the lab and into the world.
The academy is open to applicants from any university as well as interested applicants with no university affiliation.
Prepare to make a difference.
Designed for faculty, postdocs and students, the National Veterinary Entrepreneurship Academy will help you gain the knowledge and networks you need to identify, develop and validate the commercial potential of your research or idea.
The proven curriculum offers:
- An intensive opportunity to frame and explore the market opportunities of your research and ideas.
- Hands-on workshops to guide you through the steps necessary to address the technical, business, and market validation of your idea.
- Seminars and panels led by UC Davis faculty and leading investors, industry executives and entrepreneurs.
- The tools to communicate the broader potential of your research.
- Mentoring sessions to focus your approach and hone your pitch.
“UC Davis is an incredible resource for innovators, and the entrepreneurship academy concentrates all the expertise into one comprehensive experience. I highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking of taking their intellectual property into the marketplace.”— Jamie Peyton DVM
Chief of the Integrative Medicine Service, UC Davis Veterinary Teaching Hospital and UC Davis Innovator of the Year
Realize the opportunity.
- Join the community of veterinarians who are commercializing their research, growing new opportunities to advance health and healing and combat disease and suffering.
- Focus on outcomes: you’ll leave with next steps to move forward.
- Learn from experts who share their knowledge, insights and experience.
- Meet 60 peers from veterinary schools across the U.S.
- Study at the top-ranked veterinary school in the world.
- Develop a network of professionals in the veterinary medicine and science fields who can help you move forward with your career or new venture.
Thank you, Platinum sponsor Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health for supporting innovation in veterinary medicine and science.
How to Register
The academy is open to faculty, postdocs and students from any university, as well as interested applicants with no university affiliation.
The $2,500 tuition includes all instruction and course materials, the opening reception and a networking mixer, and continental breakfast, lunch and dinner during the academy.
Attendees are responsible for expenses related to travel to and from UC Davis, lodging and parking.
Location, Dates and Travel Information
The inaugural National Veterinary Entrepreneurship Academy will be held July 13–16, 2020, at UC Davis in Northern California.
We have reserved a block of discounted rooms at the UC Davis Hyatt Place, a five-minute walk from the academy.
Call for Mentors
An integral part of the academy experience is the opportunity for participants to engage with industry professionals over two evenings. If you are interested in serving as a mentor for participants at this academy please click here to apply.