Administrative Operations Assistant
ADMIN OFCR 3
Under general supervision of the Director of Administration and Human Resources, serve in Graduate School of Management Administrative Operations Unit. Process complex business contracts, revenue agreements and purchase requisitions for the School utilizing Kuali. Perform general accounting transactions including entertainment, travel, honoraria, cash collections, expense transfers and other transactions using university accounting systems. Under general supervision of the Facilities Manager assist to maintain on-campus facility working with campus custodial and facilities departments directing building maintenance and repairs including overseeing work schedules and coordination.
40% BUSINESS/REVENUE AGREEMENTS AND PURCHASING
Responsible for highly complex business contracts, revenue agreements and purchase requisitions for a wide range of services, supplies and equipment. Work with purchasing to prepare scope of work and vendor lists for competitive bidding processes. Serve as advisor and resource for less complex purchases using UCD purchasing card. Verify funding source and availability. Enter detailed contract/order information into database, and follow up to ensure that bids and contracts are executed in accordance with agreements. Maintain logbooks and files to ensure accurate records. Ensure that all controls are in place for purchasing card transactions. Act as liaison on orders/contracts that are incomplete, incorrect, damaged, not consistent with the scope of work, or otherwise unsatisfactory. Maintain current information on agreements, continuing commodities and service blankets. Responsible for placing name badge, business card, and AggieBuy orders.
40% TRAVEL, ENTERTAINMENT, ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
Process entertainment, travel, and out of pocket reimbursements (AggieTravel), honoraria, cash collections, disbursement vouches, expense transfers and other transactions using Kuali. Set up travel accommodation for students/guests using Concur. Prepare and send information on allowable removal expenses, coordinate and reconcile reimbursements and payments. Serve as a resource and advisor on policy and procedure for staff processing travel expense reports. Generate detailed accounting reports. Develop/adapt optimal/effective departmental processes and procedures. Assist in updating internal business office resource webpage. Prepare and send information on allowable removal expenses, arrange moving company; and reconcile reimbursements and payments. Participate in miscellaneous projects. Assist with miscellaneous School projects as requested by Director, Assistant Dean, and Dean. Assist with miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Assist Facilities Manager with day-to-day operational functions for Gallagher Hall facility. Assist with routine and annual maintenance for GSM on and off-site campus locations. Assist with organization of office relocations with contractors. Serve as backup GSM liaison with UCD Facilities, Custodial Services, Design and Construction Management to maintain building, troubleshoot problems and enlist on-site services. Assist with identifying/resolving facility concerns regarding security, HVAC, janitorial issues with campus. Procurement of supplies/equipment as needed to maintain operations. Assist as back up for assigning building keys/access cards, order phone/data lines, maintain records, order replacements & report lost/stolen keys. Assist with updating directories, signage, directional maps (printed & online). Manage off-site storage/inventory. Assist in designing and updating internal facilities resource page.
- Work with frequent interruptions in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Work occasional overtime.
- Restricted vacation during peak periods.
- Work under constant deadlines.
- Work in a customer service oriented team environment.
- Work Environment:
- UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- Knowledge of general accounting, purchasing, business contracts/agreements, and competitive bidding.
- Grammar, editing, and proofreading skills to compose and prepare business correspondence, forms, and reports; attention to detail.
- Interpersonal, oral, and written skills to communicate and interact in a clear and professional manner.
- Organizational skills to work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines; maintain a high level of productivity.
- Knowledge in facility management; space allocation and management.
- Knowledge of UC policies, procedures, and processes.
- Analytical skills to identify/research/resolve accounting problems; skills to analyze reports and reconcile departmental records.
- Customer service skills.
- Experience using Kuali, and AggieTravel.
- Mathematical and analytical skills.
- Experience with various computer applications–word processing and spreadsheet such as Word and Excel.
- Experience using email, internet, calendaring/scheduling software and newsgroups.