ADMISSIONS AND OUTREACH ANALYST
PROJECT/POLICY ANL 3
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Admissions and working with the Executive Director of Marketing, responsible for leading outreach to prospective candidates for all degree programs. Provides leadership in utilization of business intelligence, data analytics and information systems to support the development and implementation of the Graduate School of Management’s prospect recruitment plans for all degree programs. Manage communications, data acquisition and uploads, research and generate leads for prospects, and sponsorship deliverables.
Develop strategies and execute complex, deadline-driven outreach and recruiting plans with collateral material for prospective candidates, applicants and admits. Manage prospect data and provide analytical research and support for outreach, recruitment and enrollment efforts.
Lead CRM program efforts as well as train and onboard new admissions staff for recruiting and for admissions reporting processes. Work closely with the Associate Director of Technology and Operations to manage recruiting and application databases.
65% DATA ANALYST AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Lead technical support of additional CRM products such as Pardot and Engagement Studio, and help implement new tools as needed. Use the Customer Relationship Manager (CRM), which is TargetX/Salesforce, to support the prospect data needs of associate directors and school leadership. Upload prospect data in timely fashion and manage contract requests and payments. Partner closely with Marketing team to capture prospect information through the school’s website.
Independently analyze recruiting, admissions, and enrollment data, interpret results, processes and functions. Use data analytics to develop outreach plans to identify prospects. Monitor and maintain data in CRM for data quality control. Maximize allocated space from Salesforce.
Track the effectiveness of recruitment and yield activities. Build dashboards and reports, and train and update team members, for CRM and associated products. Coordinate daily and weekly reports and processes deliverable to admissions directors to inform data-driven decision making. Analyze, validate and summarize data in preparation for generation of statistical and analytical reports, and interpret research data as appropriate. Provide technical support and ad hoc reporting as needed.
Responsible for increasing top-of-the-funnel prospect generation for all degree programs. Supply prospect information to support outreach, recruitment, application and yield efforts. Lead development of automated admissions messages. Create, maintain and manage production schedule, maintain communication and contact tracking system for all candidate touch points in automated marketing campaigns based on data and personal insights. Identify and implement quality improvement practices, processes, procedures or policies as it pertains to CRM workflow.
Interact effectively as a team with all departments to maximize the success of enrollment efforts. Analyze operating system, implement updates and upgrades and troubleshoot problems as they arise. Lead weekly tasks which include uploading prospects and de-duplicating records and other routine prospect data processes in the CRM.
35% OUTREACH & COMMUNICATIONS
Collaborate with the director of web marketing to create and improve systems to enhance the recruiting experience for prospective students, by creating a seamless user experience across all technical platforms and in-person interactions.
Update presentations and brochures for events. Provide social media support and market research to for admissions efforts. Create and maintain new drip campaigns, ongoing drip campaigns in Pardot for all degree programs in collaboration with their admissions leadership. Create, author and develop outreach and recruitment communications in print, electronic, web and social media formats plus build and maintain the online presence of Admissions by collaborating with admissions and marketing teams. Produce web and print promotional materials to support outreach and recruiting efforts. Responsible for thorough and detailed copy and operations by reviewing with admissions leadership.
Lead sponsorship deliverables with various corporate and non-profit partners for admissions efforts, including travel partnerships with tour companies. Ensure these deliverables are on-time and high quality. Analyze and review data from these efforts to ensure effectiveness and ROI. Provide market research analytics to increase diversity in all degree programs’ prospects with Chief Diversity Officer and Admissions leadership.
Ability to stand continuously (up to 6 hours with regular scheduled breaks) during events.
Ability to lift materials and supplies weighing up to 25 lbs.
Work overtime (including evenings, holidays, and weekends), sometimes on short notice, to meet operational needs.
Requires some travel, including overnight and weekends, in state, and nationally as the need arises.
Travel to Sacramento, Davis and San Ramon campuses and Sacramento and Bay Area locations.
Valid California driver’s license is required.
UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area, or equivalent experience/training.
- Experience creating and executing a successful strategic outreach and communication plan with collateral materials, social media and direct email.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse group of graduate students, alumni, administrators, faculty and staff.
- Skills with problem solving, organization, time management, customer service, creativity, collaboration and professionalism.
- Skills to learn and work with a wide range of technologies, databases and software applications.
- Detail oriented with strong follow-through skills and possess excellent analytical, technical and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize daily assignments while handling ad hoc projects and receiving direction from different levels of management.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make decisions under pressure from team-members, students, faculty and staff in other departments.
- Proficient in complete Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience using Excel to present data in tables and charts is also required.
- Experience in data reporting in a CRM software, preferably Salesforce and TargetX, is required.
- Skills to gather and analyze information, conduct research, present data, analysis and results to facilitate decision-making and recommend/implement alternate solutions.
- Experience with singular and relational databases, electronic communications and web editing.
- Technical skills and experience to create, update and maintain admissions webpages.
- Broad and specific knowledge of the graduate and professional student experiences.
- Analytical skills to prepare statistical reports and analyze a variety of data and processing systems.
Preferred Qualifications for Selection:
- Skills to analyze procedures and make improvements for continuous business performance improvements as well as present data-driven market research.
- Knowledge of the graduate management or other professional admissions and recruitment processes.
- Knowledge of and experience with UC Davis and campus resources.
- Highly motivated, self-initiating and a team player.