Apply for the 2019 UC Davis MBA Leadership Program and 360-degree Assessment
For all interested MBA students
The UC Davis Graduate School of Management is pleased to announce the 2019 Leadership Program for MBA students. This program is intended to help students build self-awareness and strengthen their leadership capabilities. It complements the UC Davis MBA core curriculum and continues the School’s goal to prepare students to lead, collaborate and have an impact in business.
Students chosen for this program will complete a 360° assessment and develop a personal Leadership Development Plan that will be applied to their professions and summer internships. The 360° assessment will consist of a self-assessment, as well as ratings from eight to 12 raters selected by the participant.
- Attend the Workshop 1, the program kickoff workshop. This is an Introduction to the 2019 UC Davis Leadership Program.
- Complete a 360° assessment
- Participants (GSM students) and eight to 12 of their professional colleagues will complete a confidential survey that rates the participants’ skill level across 24 leadership competencies derived from the UC Davis MBA Leadership Competency Model.
- Attend Workshop 2, the 360° Assessment Results and
Leadership Development Planning Workshop.
During this workshop, the results of the assessment will be distributed and discussed. Participants will begin to draft a personal Leadership Development Plan.
- Create a Leadership Development Plan using the template distributed in the 360° Assessment Results and Leadership Development Planning Workshop.
Qualified students who are interested in the Leadership Program will go through a selection process. The accepted participants will consist of students from the Full-Time, Sacramento, and Bay Area MBA Programs.
- Currently enrolled in one of the GSM MBA programs
- In good academic standing
- A willingness to explore your leadership competencies with an open mind and lots of curiosity
Applications are due Sunday April 21, 2019, to the email@example.com.
Please include the following items in your email:
- Email subject line should include the participant’s first and last name, and the words “Leadership Program 2019″
- Attach a current résumé.
- Attach a one page essay describing what leadership means to you, why you want to join the program, and what you hope to gain in your role as a Leader
- Sunday, April 21: Submit Application
- Monday, April 22: Receive Program Decision
- Wednesday, April 24: Accept the Canvas invite and select your 8-12 professional reviewers
- Sunday, April 28, 1 – 4 p.m.: Attend Introduction to the Leadership Self Development Workshop at the Davis Campus, Gallagher Hall 1213
- Sunday, April 28: Add your Raters to the KF Data Base and Send personal email to your reviewers expecting an invitation join the KF 360 (see Canvas site for an email template)
- Friday, May 3 @ 6:00 a.m.: KF Data Base will Open
- Friday, May 17 @ 12 n: KF Data Base will Close
- Sunday, May 19, 4:30-7:30 p.m.: Review your personal 360° Assessment Results and create your Leadership Development Plan
- Sunday, June 1: Submit Leadership Development Plan in Canvas
What is the Program Commitment?
During the program, participants will complete a 360° assessment and create a personal Leadership Development Plan.
You must attend the two workshops.
How soon will I find out if I was accepted into the
We will notify all applicants by Tuesday, April 23, by way of a Canvas invitation to the “2019 UC Davis Leadership Program” Canvas site. Immediately accept that invitation so you can access all the resources.
Once notified of acceptance, what next steps must I
You will need to accept the invitation to the 2019 UC Davis Leadership Program hosted by Canvas by Wednesday, April 24.
Review the materials in the Canvas site.
Attend Workshops 1 and 2.
Where will the workshops be held?
Sunday, April 28, 1-4 p.m.: Workshop 1 |
Introduction to the UC Davis MBA 2019 Leadership Program
Gallagher Hall 1213
Sunday, May 19, 4:30-6:30 p.m.: Workshop 2 |
360° Assessment Results and Leadership Development Planning
Gallagher Hall 1213
Can anyone enrolled in the MBA program attend the workshops?
The workshops are only open to those who have been accepted into the 2019 UC Davis Leadership Program.
Can I earn academic credit by participating in the
No, the workshops will not count toward your graduation requirements.
What happens if I miss a workshop?
You will not be able to complete the program if you do not attend the two required sessions.
Can I participate more than one year?
No, the program is not designed for participation more than once.
If not accepted the first year, can I try again the
Candidates who are not selected in their first year can reapply.
Who do I send my application materials to?
Please submit application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to pay for the program?
No, this program is funded in part by program course fees and support from the MBA Program Endowment.
What if I have more questions?
Please direct further questions to your Program Manager:
Sacramento MBA Program Manager
Full-Time MBA Program Manager
Bay Area MBA Program Manager