ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS – BASED IN DAVIS
ADMISSIONS RECRMT SPEC 3
The Associate Director of Admissions has management responsibility for the efficient and successful execution of a comprehensive MBA recruiting program for the express purpose of converting MBA prospects into applicants and admits into students. Responsible for overall recruitment strategy, relationship management and meeting enrollment targets for the UC Davis MBA program.
Department Specific Job Scope:
The MBA is the GSM’s flagship degree program and generates $15 million in annual revenues for the GSM. This individual is responsible for student enrollments for one of three MBA programs.
75% STUDENT RECRUITMENT, OUTREACH AND ADMISSIONS STRATEGY
Direct outreach, recruiting and admissions for MBA students. Serve as lead recruiter for one of three MBA programs. Develop and execute overall recruiting, admissions and enrollment strategy for highly competitive and complex MBA market. Identify, cultivate and deliver opportunities to increase program visibility, grow the applicant pool, increase student yield, and meet enrollment targets.
Drawing from internal and market data, analyze the graduate management education market and recommend appropriate courses of action to the senior assistant dean, senior director of admissions, and deputy director of admissions. Develop and implement projects and processes related to MBA admissions and programs. Determine benchmarks against which to measure growth and progress for our highly-ranked MBA program.
Working directly with MBA prospects and traveling to MBA Fairs, MBA Information Sessions, corporate sites and other off-site events, provide comprehensive, in-depth MBA program information through individual counseling sessions, group workshops and panel discussions to a diverse population of potential students and corporate partners.
Serve as a member of the MBA Admissions Committee; evaluate applicants based on academic background, test scores, professional experience, career goals and other attributes; interview candidates to assess focus and communication skills; recommend an admissions action.
15% RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
In consultation with the senior assistant dean and senior directors of admissions, career development, and corporate relations, and deputy director of admissions, develop and execute programs and procedures affecting student recruitment, admissions, corporate relations, student projects, and placement. Develop and execute strategies to increase visibility and awareness of the GSM with key corporations and professional groups.
10% DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Help plan and implement recruiting and outreaching programming that attracts a diverse MBA applicant pool. Identify events, activities and partnerships that target underrepresented candidates. Create opportunities to engage with these candidates.
- Ability to stand continuously (up to 6 hours with regular scheduled breaks) during events.
- Ability to lift supplies and materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Work evenings, holidays, and weekends sometimes on short notice, to meet operational needs.
- Based in Davis, CA campus. Requires travel, including overnight and weekends, in state, nationally and internationally as the need arises. Travel to Sacramento, Davis and San Ramon campuses and Sacramento and Bay Area locations; a valid California driver’s license and passport are required.
UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- Experience in graduate management admissions or student services.
- Broad and specific knowledge of the graduate and professional student experiences.
- Progressive experience managing a complex program in a fast-paced professional work environment.
- Skills to manage and deliver complex projects and programs on time and on budget.
- Experience developing and successfully executing strategic plans, including goals, action plan, and metrics.
- Experience with successful lead generation and applicant cultivation both in person and on the phone.
- Skills to develop and deliver marketing presentations, to persuade others and to relay information in an enthusiastic and dynamic manner through public speaking and presentations.
- Skills to effectively take initiative, prioritize, exercise independent judgment, and develop and implement solutions.
- Analytical skills to prepare statistical reports and analyze a variety of data and processing systems.
- Writing, editing and proofreading skills to quickly and accurately produce emails, letters, memos, reports, etc.
- Experience handling challenging, sensitive and/or confidential issues with student groups, persons of varying ages and ethnic backgrounds, special interest groups, organizations, employers and company representatives, alumni, campus staff, faculty, the public, and others.
- Computer skills including advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Skills to work with databases.
- Bachelor degree required.
- MBA, or other Master’s degree, or a combination of education and experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with UC Davis and campus resources.