ADMISSIONS RECRMT SPEC 3
The Associate Director of Admissions has management responsibility for the efficient and successful execution of a comprehensive MBA recruiting program for the express purpose of converting MBA prospects into applicants and admits into students. Responsible for overall recruitment strategy, relationship management and meeting enrollment targets for the UC Davis MBA program in the San Francisco and East Bay Area.
The MBA is the GSM's flagship degree program and generates $15 million in annual revenues for the GSM. This individual is responsible for student enrollments for one of four MBA programs.
Recruitment Period: This position is posted for 6 weeks. Applicants will be screened after two weeks, and then on a weekly basis. The position can be filled prior to the removal date.
75% STUDENT RECRUITMENT, OUTREACH AND ADMISSIONS STRATEGY
- Direct outreach, recruiting and admissions for MBA students. Serve as lead recruiter for one of three MBA programs. Develop and execute overall recruiting, admissions and enrollment strategy for highly competitive and complex MBA market. Identify, cultivate and deliver opportunities to increase program visibility, grow the applicant pool, increase student yield, and meet enrollment targets.
- Drawing from internal and market data, analyze the graduate management education market and recommend appropriate courses of action to the assistant dean, and director of recruitment and admissions. Develop and implement projects and processes related to MBA admissions and programs. Determine benchmarks against which to measure growth and progress for our highly ranked MBA program.
- Working directly with MBA prospects and traveling to MBA Fairs, MBA Information Sessions, corporate sites and other off-site events, provide comprehensive, in-depth MBA program information through individual counseling sessions, group workshops and panel discussions to a diverse population of potential students and corporate partners.
- Serve as a member of the MBA Admissions Committee; evaluate applicants based on academic background, test scores, professional experience, career goals and other attributes; interview candidates to assess focus and communication skills; recommend an admissions action.
15% RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- In consultation with the assistant dean and directors of admissions, career development, and corporate relations, and deputy director of admissions, develop and execute programs and procedures affecting student recruitment, admissions, corporate relations, student projects, and placement. Develop and execute strategies to increase visibility and awareness of the GSM with key corporations and professional groups.
10% DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
- Help plan and implement recruiting and outreaching programming that attracts a diverse MBA applicant pool. Identify events, activities and partnerships that target underrepresented candidates. Create opportunities to engage with these candidates.
- Bachelor degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in graduate management admissions or student services.
- Experience with successful lead generation and applicant cultivation both in person and on the phone.
- Skills to develop and deliver marketing presentations, to persuade others and to relay information in an enthusiastic and dynamic manner through public speaking and presentations.
- Analytical skills to prepare statistical reports, work within databases, and analyze a variety of data and processing systems.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Progressive experience managing a program and complex projects, on time and on budget, in a fast-paced professional work environment.
- Experience developing and successfully executing strategic plans, including goals, action plan, and metrics.
- Experience handling challenging, sensitive and/or confidential issues with student groups, persons of varying ages and ethnic backgrounds, special interest groups, organizations, employers and company representatives, alumni, campus staff, faculty, the public, and others.
- MBA, or other Master's degree, or a combination of education and experience.
- Stand continuously (up to 6 hours with regular scheduled breaks) during events.
- Lift supplies and materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
- THIS POSITION IS BASED IN SAN RAMON, CA.
- Work evenings, holidays, and weekends sometimes on short notice, to meet operational needs.
- Based in Davis, CA campus. Requires travel, including overnight and weekends, in state, nationally and internationally as the need arises. Travel to Sacramento, Davis and San Ramon campuses and Sacramento and Bay Area locations; a valid California driver's license and passport are required.
- UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.