Associate Director, MPAc Program
ADMISSIONS RECRMT SPEC 3
Reporting to the Senior Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, working with the MPAc Faculty Director and Executive Director, and collaborating with the Student Affairs staff, manage key programs, provide leadership and develop strategy for Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc) program. Direct admissions, orientation, registration, programming, events, placement and alumni affairs. Initiate, develop, implement and manage new programs, policies and processes affecting admissions, academic & student services,
and placement. Evaluate and interview candidates for admission, manage a transformative student experience, develop high-level recruiter relationships, and oversee alumni affairs. Provide high-level policy guidance to diverse students, faculty, staff, alumni, applicants, company representatives and the general public about MPAc procedures,programming, deadlines, and events. Serve as primary source of information and communication for MPAc prospects and current students UCD community, other institutions, and employers.
STDT SERVICES ADVISOR 2 – 1.0
60% RECRUITING & ADMISSIONS
Direct outreach, recruiting and admissions for MPAc students. Serve as lead recruiter for all candidates interested in the MPAc Program. Develop and execute overall recruiting, admissions and enrollment strategy for competitive degree program. Identify, cultivate and deliver opportunities to increase program visibility, grow the applicant pool, increase student yield, and meet enrollment targets.
Drawing from internal and market data, analyze the management education market and recommend appropriate actions to the assistant dean and admissions director. Develop and implement projects and processes related to MPAc admissions and programs. Determine benchmarks to measure growth and progress for the program.
Oversee the complex MPAc admissions application, screening, interview, decision, and notification processes to meet enrollment targets.
Serve as a member of the Admissions Committee; evaluate applicants based on academic background, test scores, experience, career goals and other attributes; interview candidates to assess focus and communication skills; recommend an admissions action.
Provide comprehensive MPAc program information through individual meetings, group workshops, information sessions, graduate and career fairs, national conferences, webinars and panel discussions. Manage all programming associated with these initiatives.
Serve as primary contact for MPAc program for prospective students, UCD community, and outside institutions. Represent the GSM at a variety of events and activities.
30% PLACEMENT AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT
Develop and execute an innovative placement program for a diverse student population that includes traditional accounting firms and non- traditional employers.
Deliver high-level student preparation and employer programs. Create innovative programs in highly competitive accounting job market to increase readiness of students and accessibility of employers.
Develop and implement a comprehensive series of career workshops strategically coordinated with the student career search timeline. Ensure that students are optimally prepared for transition from graduate program to professional positions.
Manage senior-level recruiter relationships. Identify key employers and manage the relationships to promote MPAc students and advance GSM. Solicit financial support to fund MPAc student programs.
Collaborate on informational materials for employers.
10% PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
In consultation with the senior assistant dean and senior directors of admissions, career development, and corporate relations and MPAc faculty committee, develop and execute programs and procedures affecting student recruitment, admissions, corporate relations, student projects, and placement. Develop and execute strategies to increase visibility and awareness of the GSM with key corporations and professional groups.
Along with MPAc Assistant Director, oversee the planning, development, management and implementation of programs, activities and processes to insure that all MPAc students have an exceptional experience.
Develop and implement plans to engage and involve MPAc alumni in current student orientation and placement. Lay the foundation for current and future financial support from alumni.
Independently identify and resolve student concerns, needs, and issues. Anticipate opportunities and issues before they arise and develop new programs and processes to insure their success.
Make independent decisions, including programming direction, budgetary allocations and policy decisions, regarding event needs and resources.
Develop, plan, manage and implement student registration, enrichment, orientation, leadership, and commencement programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience assessing candidates as part of a selective evaluation process and interviewing candidates.
- Progressive experience managing a complex program in a fast-paced professional work environment.
- Skills to develop and deliver marketing presentations, to persuade others and to relay information in an enthusiastic and dynamic manner through public speaking and presentations.
- Analytical skills to prepare statistical reports and analyze a variety of data and processing systems.
- Skills to manage and deliver complex projects on time and on budget.
- Experience to effectively take initiative, prioritize, exercise independent judgment, and develop and implement solutions. Skills to solve problems and develop solutions effectively.
- Experience providing guidance and counsel to students at the college or university level.
- Experience providing a high level of customer service to students, employers, alumni, staff, faculty and the public.
- Writing, editing and proofreading skills to produce letters, memos, reports, etc.
- Computer skills including advanced level using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- MPAc, MBA, or other Master’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background in marketing, public relations, recruitment, or advertising.
- Experience in relational databases, electronic communications and web editing. Skills to prepare statistical reports and analyze a variety of data and processing systems. Skills to analyze procedures and make improvements for continuous business performance improvements.
- Skills to handle difficult, sensitive and/or confidential issues with student groups, persons of varying ages and ethnic backgrounds, special interest groups organizations, employers and company representatives, alumni, campus staff, faculty, the public, and others.
- Knowledge and experience in working with graduate level management students.
- Knowledge and experience of UC Davis and campus resources.
Work some weekends and evenings, sometimes on short notice to meet operational needs.
Travel, including overnight, in state and nationally. Must be able to drive to Davis, Sacramento and San Ramon campuses.
Valid California driver’s license required.
UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.