Associate Director, MSBA Program
Stdt Svc Advisor 3
Reporting to the MSBA Executive Director, working with the MSBA Academic Director, Director of Academic & Student Services and Senior Director of Career Development, and collaborating with the Student Affairs staff, manage key programs, and provide high-level professional support for the Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program. Provide leadership and strategy for MSBA student and career development related programs, events, and activities to develop a high-caliber student experience that also equips them for successful transition to the professional world. Serves as lead contact for the MSBA student body. Oversees the operations for MSBA Student Services and is responsible for reviewing office processes, identifying improvement needs and building systems to meet those needs.
60% PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
In consultation with the Executive Director, develop the overarching MSBA experience and engagement strategy for the year spanning orientation through graduation which develops the student community, student care, and career readiness. Working with senior staff in Student Affairs, ensure that MSBA students have an exceptional experience from the point of enrollment through graduation. Serve as a focal point for student concerns, needs, and issues. Anticipate opportunities and issues before they arise and develop programs and processes to insure their success. Develop measurement tools to assess student satisfaction. Serve as front-line decision-maker and communicator for student needs for MSBA activities, events and processes. Represent the GSM administration, and establish and maintain relationships with current students, alumni and employers for networking and student recruiting opportunities. Analyze processes and functions and make recommendations for improving program effectiveness. Provide high-level advice and guidance to diverse students, faculty, staff, alumni, applicants, company representatives, and the general public regarding MSBA policies and procedures, deadlines, events, including orientation, registration, special programs, courses, curriculum, academic policies, graduation, commencement and other critical information. Manage and develop the MSBA student assistants. These positions should both create value for the school but also create valuable career development opportunities and deliverables for the students. Assist in enforcement and interpretation of MSBA policies and procedures, monitor student compliance, and take appropriate action to resolve situations. Maintain the confidentiality of student information in accordance with the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 and other laws and regulations. Serve as back-up to both the Executive Director and Project Policy Analyst.
30% PLACEMENT AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT
Develop and execute an innovative placement strategy and program for a diverse student population. Collaborate with Career Development staff across the Graduate School of Management to create and deliver innovative programming in a highly competitive business analytics/data science market to increase readiness of students and accessibility of employers. Deliver high-level student preparation and employer engagement programs. Develop and implement a comprehensive series of career workshops and events strategically coordinated with the student career search timeline. This also includes workshops to collaborating with the Executive Director to curate a high caliber meetup series as well as hackathon. Ensure that students are optimally prepared for transition from graduate program to professional positions. Manage senior-level recruiter and corporate relationships. Identify key employers and manage the relationships to promote MSBA students and advance GSM. Solicit financial support to fund MSBA student programs. Lead the accurate tracking of student data for reporting purposes.
10% REGISTRAR SUPPORT
Provide support on full range of enrollment activities, involving a variety of online systems. Provide enrollment and registration support for the MSBA program and provide information to the Deans, Executive and Academic Directors, Admissions & Student Services and Development & External Relations. Ensure accuracy of data and statistics used in reporting. Complete special projects as requested by the Academic and Executive Director. Manage the content and updates for substantial portions of the GSM student website, perform content edits, updates and additions for information on admissions, student programs, orientation, academic requirements, registration, and commencement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- First-hand experience with graduate student policies and procedures, academic and career advising, orientation, registration, courses, curriculum, and academic policies.
- Experience crafting full student experience strategy and tactics that span orientation to graduation to ensure a high caliber student and career experience.
- Experience providing guidance and counsel to students at the college or university level.
- Skills to cultivate mutually beneficial corporate relationships that can be positively leveraged on behalf of the Graduate School of Management and students.
- In-depth understanding of the analytics employment life-cycle, and experience either on the corporate side for hiring or on the student side of supporting students in navigating the process.
- Skills to manage and deliver complex projects on time and on budget.
- Strong technical skills and experience working with on-line databases and systems. Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Experience establishing goals and workload priorities, handling multiple tasks and complex projects simultaneously with conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines, and flexibility in dealing with people and competing demands.
- Presentation skills to represent the University before large and small groups conveying information verbally and with technological tools.
- Experience performing administrative support functions in an office environment.
- Extensive customer service experience.
- Experience coordinating events such as logistics, registration, budget, accommodations, etc.
- Writing, editing and proofreading skills to produce letters, memos, reports, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in working with graduate level management students.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to interact with students, alumni, employers, staff, faculty and general public.
- Knowledge and experience of UC Davis and campus resources.
- Broad and specific knowledge of the graduate and professional student experiences.
- Ability to solve problems and develop solutions independently and effectively.
This position is based out of San Francisco. The hours of operation typically runs Tuesdays through Saturdays with evening classes or activities held on most Tuesdays and every Friday.
Work occasional overtime, including some Sundays and evenings, sometimes on short notice to meet operational needs.
Occasional travel; throughout the bay area to meet with corporate and alumni contacts, as well as to Davis locations.
UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.