Under the broad direction of the IT Director, responsible for implementation and support of technology within the Graduate School of Management (GSM). Provide professional expertise and take the technical lead on complex troubleshooting issues regarding desktop computers, printers, classroom technology, mobile devices, and ancillary computing equipment. Provide IT help desk support for staff, faculty, and students at various locations across Northern California with a high degree of knowledge and autonomy.
95% DESKTOP AND INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT
- Manage service request tracking system. Review, prioritize, and assign work assignments and monitor service quality in accordance with the GSM IT Service Level Agreement.
- Provide broad technical support for computer users. Troubleshoots, resolves, or appropriately triages computer and network connectivity issues; provides system analysis support to clients.
- Support classroom technology. Perform preventive maintenance tasks, test, inspect, and identify issues affecting instructional technology.
- Provide input to system redesign or development efforts based upon user needs. Tests hardware, software, and system configurations and analyzes/summarizes reports of results, drawing conclusions and making recommendations.
- Manage equipment/software inventories and process surplus equipment.
- Creates technical documentation and knowledge-based articles for computer users.
- Design, develops, and implement training as needed, including one-on-one and small group training.
5% GROWTH/DEVELOPMENT AND ANCILLARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in educational programs, seminars, presentations, and user group/staff meetings.
- Take responsibility for continually developing knowledge, skill and abilities to remain proficient in a changing environment.
- Complete other assigned duties needed to support the department.
- Must carry a department cell phone routinely to be available to work occasional, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays, usually on short notice to meet operational needs.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
- Position requires valid California Driver’s license and ability to travel periodically to various facilities within Northern California.
Background Check Required:
- This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
- Demonstrated Experience with a large installed base of PC/Windows, Apple/Mac, Linux, and iOS/Android devices; experience at installing, managing, and configuring systems.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Active Directory network implementation and associated administration utilities.
- Demonstrated experience with latest productivity software, such as MS-Office,
- Excellent customer service skills, which include the ability to follow through on customer requests to resolve problems, answer questions and ability to use available resources and references.
- Demonstrated experience using IT help desk tracking system
- Demonstrated experience using remote support utilities, such as Bombar/BeyondTrust.
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework and ITSM concepts.
- Oral and written communication skills to develop technology plans, policies, procedures and convey them to both technical and non-technical audiences. Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of industry-standard security practices, such as NIST and ISO/IEC 27001
- Knowledge of UC information security policies, such as UC BFB-IS-3, Electronic Information Security.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and supporting Amazon Web Services (AWS), including but not limited to Workspaces (VDI).
- Demonstrated experience with automated computing management utilities, such as BigFix, Jamf, Chocolatey.