Career Development Coordinator
PROJECT/POLICY ANL 2
Final Filing Date: 09-18-2019
In collaboration with the Senior Director of Career Development and the Operations Manager, provide analyst level support for various systems, policies and programs that aid in the management of operations for the GSM career center. Coordinate and provide support and communication for students and recruiter programs. Provide high-level administrative and research support for the Director. Using a variety of on-line and computer-based programs provide support to the Career Development Operations Manager in managing the analytical, technical, operational, development and execution of multiple programs, databases, web-based services. Provide database, analytical and general support for the five graduate degree programs and career development. Manage complex events working with other campus departments or off-campus vendors.
70% OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND ANALYSIS
Coordinate the management for the GSM career center to ensure conformity with University policies and procedures and to employ sound business practices. Determine needs, analyze, and develop processes for areas of office operations and programs. Make recommendations for improving program efficiency. Manage process of reimbursements and contract proposals for career services.
Assist in the analyzing, planning and implementing the logistics for small and large scale events, such as career fairs, information sessions, mock interviews, corporate panels and speakers, interview schedules, workshops, etc. In collaboration with Director and Operations Manager, make budgetary decisions, determine event needs, and coordinate resources pertaining to events.
Coordinate and provide high-level professional support for students and recruiters. Serve as front-line contact and decision-maker for career development (email, telephone, in-person). Advise, interpret and assist with career development policies and procedures, deadlines, activities, and events. Monitor student and employer compliance, and take appropriate action.
Collaborate in developing new publications and informational materials for current students, employers, and alumni. Lead creation and mailing of weekly e-newsletter utilizing Mailchimp. Develop and edit training guides regarding career recruiting procedures. Regularly review, update, and edit policies and procedures and make recommendations for process improvements and operational efficiencies.
Work independently to support complex, high-volume processes related to the graduate management student job search, including job postings, cover letter and resume submission, interviews, recruiter contacts, and follow up.
Independently analyze job postings to determine appropriateness for GSM students. Analyze and set application deadlines for multiple, overlapping company deadlines and recruiting schedules.
30% PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Undertake special projects as assigned to research, analyze and make recommendations affecting student support services, relationship management, business needs within the career development office.
Compile and summarize information and analyze results and make recommendations to the Senior Director of Career Development, the Associate Director of Career Development, the Director of Business Development and the Operations Manager, based on research and analysis as well as institutional goals.
Compose and/or edit a wide variety of correspondence. Prepare and design reports, graphs, charts, presentations and scanning of materials; assist in maintaining databases, files and inventory for the department. Use appropriate databases and other technical tools to assist in the tracking of student data, project events and activities.
Lift up to 35 lbs of supplies and equipment.
Work 8:00 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
Work in fast-paced open reception environment with office noise and constant interruptions. Work occasional overtime to meet project deadlines or operational needs including evenings, weekends, and holidays as the need arises.
Vacation limited during high-volume times of the year.
Travel in state and nationally as the need arises. Travel to Sacramento, Davis and San Ramon campuses; a valid California Driver’s license required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience of working in a higher education setting.
- Strong writing skills to correspond with a wide range of individuals and groups, explaining technical and conceptual information.
- Strong oral communication skills (telephone, in-person). Interpersonal skills to relate effectively and diplomatically with corporate partners, students, faculty and staff.
- Experience in creating and modifying spreadsheet and word processing programs including most advanced features. Experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with merges in Word.
- Familiarity with presentation software, webpage design and report layout.
- Experience preparing statistical reports and analyzing a variety of data and processing systems.
- Experience conducting research, including gather data from diverse sources, compiling it, analyzing it and making recommendations for action.
- Experience working in an environment with ambiguity and frequent changes.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills to meet various competing demands and needs of MBA students and corporate recruiters.
- Experience with providing a high level of customer service to students, alumni, employers, staff, faculty and the public.
- Event coordination experience.
- Internet research skills.
Preferred Qualifications for Selection:
- Skills to analyze procedures and make improvements for continuous business performance improvements.
- Critical thinking skills to evaluate information and apply appropriate principles required to accurately record data and review information.
- Knowledge of EMS, Aggie Travel, utilizing data management systems, Mailchimp and InDesign or Canvas.
- Knowledge and experience in practices of careers services in higher education. Knowledge and experience of UC Davis and campus resources.
- Experience in using Adobe Acrobat, familiar with PDF document format, presentation software, and online resources.