Writer Editor 3
We seek a talented editor, writer, and project manager to lead content development for our digital platforms at the nationally ranked UC Davis Graduate School of Management (GSM). Reporting to the GSM’s executive director of marketing and communications, the content marketing specialist will contribute and collaborate on digital communications tied to graduate business student recruitment, alumni and corporate relations, community-building and visibility.
The content marketing specialist will manage projects that involve working effectively with internal and external writers, photographers, and designers to create thoughtful and well-orchestrated marketing and communication materials. This included the solicitation, editing and polishing of blogs and other creative content from voices across the GSM community. The position will collaborate closely with graduate business students, alumni, faculty, staff and business executives who share their first-person perspectives.
The position will also write news articles, video scripts, compelling advertising and email copy for multiple audiences. As a key member of the GSM’s award-winning Marketing and Communications team, the content marketing specialist will also plan, develop and manage content for five monthly e-newsletters in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. They will track and manage content for distribution through the web, social media, e-newsletters and other platforms, including third-party partnerships. They will also collaborate with campus Strategic Communication on media releases and amplifying GSM stories on UC Davis platforms. The content marketing specialist will clearly and effectively interact with individuals of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
75% CONTENT EDITING, COPYWRITING AND PUBLISHING
- Strategize, schedule, design, and coordinate content across web, email, video, and social media.
- Plan author outreach, proofread, edit, polish and publish a large volume of blogs drafted by members of the GSM community.
- Collaborate with non-professional writers and edit drafts for style, audience segments, long-term relevancy, and SEO value.
- Draft video scripts for the Dean’s Big 3 monthly video enewsletter.
- Write compelling and concise copy for a variety of media tailored to meets the needs of various audiences.
- Team with multimedia specialist on video storyboarding and visual storytelling across multiple web, social and third-party platforms.
- Support part-time social media specialist in content publishing as needed using Sprout Social.
- Provide feedback on ad copy, landing page messaging, web layouts and formatting for maximum effectiveness of content.
- Adhere to UC Davis editorial and brand standards found at https://communicationsguide.ucdavis.edu as appropriate.
25% CONTENT STRATEGY AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Anticipate and build project timelines, manage production and deliverables, and ensure the accountability and timeliness of project participants using Asana web-based project management platform.
- Develop and maintain a content editorial calendar.
- In collaboration with the Marketing and Communications team, plan, manage and execute content strategies for multiple graduate degree programs, executive education, events and corporate partnerships.
- Work closely with stakeholders to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging for various audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communications or marketing.
- 3-5 years work experience in content marketing or high-level copywriting across digital platforms.
- Experience writing clear, concise, engaging copy that drives action among our target audiences.
- Experience with data-driven decision-making for content optimization.
- Proven excellence in writing, editing, and proofreading with an eye for detail, style and compelling storytelling.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, highly productive team environment.
- Experience with Drupal or similar web content management systems.
- Experience with Asana or similar project management tools.
- Experience with Sprout Social or similar social media publishing tools.
- Experience with Mail Chimp or similar email platforms.
- Experience with digital asset management platforms.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. with work occasional weekends, evenings and during news events. Ability to travel around the Graduate School of Management’s Davis, Sacramento, San Ramon, and San Francisco program locations and beyond as needed
Due to essential responsibilities, this position requires onsite support and coverage. However, after an initial review period, this position may be eligible for flexible work arrangements, including the following: Flex schedule, Hybrid/remote