DIRECTOR OF WEB MARKETING
DIGITAL COMM SPEC 3
Under direction of the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications, lead a multi-department team to manage, edit and innovate the Graduate School of Management’s websites, social media and online marketing campaigns, including online student recruitment advertising for MBA, Master of Professional Accountancy, other specialized master’s programs and executive education. Lead strategic planning, analysis and continual improvement of the School’s websites and activity, including rich media, animation/graphics and video content. Develop, implement and innovate online marketing and communications targeted to the School’s internal and external audiences: prospective students, students, faculty, staff, alumni, the business community, donors, other business school deans, corporate recruiters and the media.
50% WEB CONTENT DEVELOPMENT
Oversee the design, content development, user experience and content management system of the School’s web ecosystem. The School’s Drupal CMS powers more than 20 microsites and empowers dozens of editors across our three locations. Manage project timelines and budget for web initiatives. Evaluate best practices of peer business schools and corporate world. Measure and analyze web traffic data and conversion data to optimize site and make content and navigation improvements. Day-to-day maintenance and enhancements to multiple GSM websites, coordinating with the School’s team of web content contributors. Review and approve content developed by team members who are responsible for the writing and maintenance of their unit’s pages. Assure content is effective and compelling to raise brand awareness. Strategically advise School’s leadership, faculty and staff on best practices for web content and social media. Trouble-shoot and identify issues on the site, getting resolution from the appropriate sources. Evaluating customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
Manage videography projects, including student experience, school branding, and faculty and dean presentations. Provide expertise on technology formats. Collaborate with video producers, central campus Strategic Communication, and UCTV contacts, to give GSM video the widest visibility.
Plan, develop, analyze, and oversee implementation of GSM’s online marketing and communication goals and digital media objectives and assure that content aligns with School’s goals and objectives. Manage special web projects as needed. Adhere to GSM and UC Davis brand identity standards.
10% ONLINE MAGAZINE DEVELOPMENT
Oversee the development of two annual issues of the School’s online magazine, the Innovator. Manage WordPress site, working with outside designers and multiple authors to implement each issue and promote through social and email channels.
20% ONLINE PROGRAM MARKETING
Manage ad creative and strategy of a $200,000+ annual online advertising budget, collaborating with digital ad agency. Negotiate contract terms, strategize ad spend mix and track return on investment of outbound and retargeted online ad campaigns to support student recruitment for Part-Time MBA programs in Sacramento and San Francisco Bay Area, Master of Professional Accountancy, and other degree and non-degree programs as needed. Includes display, search, Facebook, LinkedIn and other advertising campaigns. Collaborate closely with Executive Director of Marketing and Communications, and Admissions team to optimize ad spend and placements according to schedule of recruitment events, application deadlines and timely marketing windows.
20% SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY, EMAIL MARKETING
Be the voice of the School’s main social media accounts to engage and create conversations as we build our online networks. Drive website traffic and affinity by strategically employing social media tools and tracking metrics. Train staff/faculty/leadership as needed to use and leverage social media. Manage a large, multi-user web-based email platform (Mail Chimp), including customized templates, to send compelling email to all the School’s stakeholders and constituencies, including students, alumni, faculty, staff, donors, corporate partners and others. Proactively monitor state-of-the-art web and emerging online marketing best practices to keep the School at the forefront of developments in higher education digital marketing.
Lift/maneuver up to 30 pounds of student services materials from various locations.
- Work varied schedule to meet operational needs.
- Work occasional overtime, evenings and weekends.
- Travel to Sacramento, Davis and San Ramon campuses and Sacramento and Bay Area locations; a valid California driver’s license is required.
UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- Skill in creating advanced creative, clear, easy-to-navigate, informative, compelling, well-designed, and highly functional websites.
- Experience with web content management systems. Solid understanding and knowledge of web publishing standards including HTML 5, XML and CSS.
- Experience administrating content management systems, preferably Drupal.
- Experience with website architecture, digital publishing and web server administration.
- Experience managing branded social media accounts, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn group/pages.
- Technical skills in advanced applications for web production, image handling, publishing and design, illustration (Adobe Illustrator and PhotoShop), presentation preparation, animation, web interaction, and other state-of-the-art web communication capabilities.
- Project management experience to self-manage multiple high-level projects and in a highly productive, deadline-driven environment.
- Knowledge of web development and web content best practices.
- Experience with search engine optimization, and online display, search (PPC) and social media advertising.
- Skills to work well with a variety of personality types in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment across multiple departments.
- Skills to generate, articulate and present creative concepts and strategies to peers as well as internal constituents.
- Experience managing large budgets and tracking costs.
Preferred Qualifications for Selection:
- Strong conceptual, marketing and writing skills, and skills to quickly familiarize with brand goals and integrate into actionable copy.
- Experience with web brand management in a corporate environment or higher education with cloud server hosting.
- Knowledge of rich media and online video formats.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Marketing and experience in web content development/online marketing.
- Demonstrated portfolio of built and maintained web sites.