ADMISSIONS RECRMT SPEC 2
The UC Davis Graduate School of Management is consistently ranked among the premier business schools in the United States and internationally. U.S. News & World Report’s most recent ranking places UC Davis among the top 50 full-time M.B.A. programs-the top 8 percent in the U.S.-for the 23rd consecutive year. The school offers Full-Time MBA and Master of Professional Accountancy programs at the UC Davis campus, and Part-Time MBA programs in Sacramento and the San Francisco Bay Area, and a Master of Science in Business Analytics program in San Francisco. The school also offers undergraduate minors in Accounting and Technology Management as well as custom and open enrollment executive education programs.
Responsible for identifying, qualifying (vetting) and cultivating prospective students for the UC Davis MBA programs (Full-time in Davis, Part-time in Sacramento, Part-time in San Ramon). Responsible for overall management of an MBA prospect pool of working professionals, evaluation and qualification of candidates, cultivation of interest in the MBA program and successful transition to the Associate Director of Admissions. Requires substantial telephone and Skype work with prospects spread across a broad geographic area.
75% PROSPECT QUALIFICATION AND CONVERSION
Through research and other methods, identify new potential pools of MBA candidates and their contact information. Use the UC Davis MBA program’s strengths in key industries and other areas to develop new applicant pools to attract a diverse MBA applicant pool.
Produce regular reports on the target pools, outreach efforts and conversion from prospect to applicant.
Promote the UC Davis MBA experience, address concerns or issues raised by prospect and convert prospects into applicants.
Evaluate applicants based on academic background, test scores, professional experience, career goals, interviews and other attributes. Assess academic readiness, career focus, and communication skills. Make final recommendations on moving prospects through the pipeline.
Increase program awareness, grow the applicant pool, increase student yield, and meet enrollment targets.
Troubleshoot as needed across all aspects of the program and process to insure that institutional goals are met and overall quality expectations are met.
Work closely with the associate directors of admissions to ensure smooth transition from prospect to applicant. Identify bottlenecks and opportunities to increase conversions from prospect to applicant. Use judgment to escalate issues as appropriate.
25% TRAVEL AND EVENT PLANNING AND COORDINATION
Working with the Senior Director of Admissions and Associate Directors of Admissions, identify and prioritize target groups of MBA prospects through existing and new channels in a highly competitive and complex MBA market. Use existing MBA prospect pools to reach out to candidates, driving them to start and submit applications, attend an admissions event and/or visit campus and attend a class.
Under limited supervision, coordinate purchase orders, expense report compilation, coordination of multiple calendars and schedules, and communications required to host numerous events, ranging from student class visits, student consultations, student interviews, recruiting fairs, dinners, workshops, etc. Use discretion handling sensitive and/or confidential information, and choose to escalate issues based on analysis and judgement.
Stand continuously (up to 6 hours with regular scheduled breaks) during events.
Lift/maneuver supplies and materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
Work evenings, holidays, and weekends sometimes on short notice, to meet operational needs.
UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Direct sales experience, either in person or by telephone.
- Experience connecting with individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
- Experience promoting a sophisticated program in a fast-paced professional work environment.
- Technical skills including basis skill level in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and working with databases and data reporting.
- Skills to effectively take initiative, prioritize, exercise independent judgment, and develop and implement solutions.
- Experience handling challenging, sensitive and/or confidential issues with student groups, persons of varying ages and ethnic backgrounds, special interest groups, organizations, employers and company representatives, alumni, campus staff, faculty, the public, and others.
Preferred Qualifications for Selection:
- Writing, editing and proofreading skills to quickly and accurately produce emails, letters, memos, reports, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with UC Davis and campus resources.
- Outstanding oral communications skills and skill to persuade individuals to take action.