STDT SVC ADVISOR 2
Under direction of the Director of Student & Academic Services, provide leadership and support for the MBA program, including events and activities supporting MBA recruiting, admissions and programming. Provide advice and guidance to diverse students, faculty, staff, alumni, applicants, company representatives and the general public regarding MBA policies & procedures, deadlines, and events. Act as a primary source of information and communication for MBA prospects and current students in the Bay Area. Represent GSM Administration during MBA program hours. This position is based in San Ramon.
40% Program Management
- Working with staff in Student Affairs and other departments to ensure that MBA students have an exceptional experience.
- Provide high-level professional support for the MBA program, including faculty, students and staff as needed.
- Disseminate information on MBA policies and procedures, deadlines, events, including orientation, registration, special programs, courses, curriculum, academic policies, graduation, commencement and other critical information.
- Serve as primary contact for student concerns, needs, and issues and as front-line decision-maker and communicator for MBA students for activities, events and processes.
- Develop strong working relationships with students and student leaders.
- Anticipate opportunities and issues before they arise and develop programs and processes to ensure their successful resolution.
- Represent the GSM Administration, and establish and maintain relationships with current students, alumni and employers for networking and student recruiting opportunities.
- Collaborate with Instructional Resources Analyst to deliver exceptional customer service to all constituencies.
- Serve as back-up to Instructional Resources Analyst. Manage the content and updates for the GSM student website, perform content edits, updates and additions for information on admissions, student programs, orientation, academic requirements, registration and commencement.
- Work with the GSM Webmaster to maintain the webpages in a timely manner and ensure that new content adheres to UC Davis editorial and brand standards found at https://communicationsguide.ucdavis.edu as appropriate.
- Complete special projects as requested by the Dean, Assistant Dean and Director. Maintain the confidentiality of student information in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 and other laws and regulations.
25% Event Management
- Oversee departmental events and provide support for student-initiated events.
- Make independent decisions, including budgetary management, for event needs and resources.
- Coordinate event logistics with other campus departments or off-campus vendors, including catering, room reservations, room set-up, collateral materials, presentations, and audio/visual equipment needs for information sessions, orientation, campus visits, and other events.
- Secure student and alumni speakers as needed. Serve as back-up to the instructional resources analyst at the Bay Area campus.
25% Recruiting and Admissions
- Develop and implement marketing and recruiting activities aimed at growing Bay Area MBA applications and enrollment.
- Provide comprehensive, in-depth MBA program information through individual advising sessions and group meetings to a diverse population of potential students.
- Represent the GSM at a variety of admissions-related events and activities.
- Fulfill responsibilities in a professional, time-sensitive and confidential manner.
10% Support to GSM Registrar
- Provide support on full range of enrollment activities, involving a variety of online systems.
- Provide enrollment and registration support for the MBA program and provide information to the Deans, Student Services, Admissions and Development & External Relations. Ensure accuracy of data and statistics used in reporting.
- Complete special projects as requested by the Dean, Assistant Dean, Director and Registrar.
- A valid California driver’s license
- Strong technical skills and experience working with on-line relational databases and systems, electronic communications and web editing. Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Experience establishing goals and workload priorities, handling multiple tasks and complex projects simultaneously with conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines, and flexibility in dealing with people and competing demands. Work with constant interruptions and maintain focus.
- Knowledge of graduate student policies and procedures, academic and career advising, orientation, registration, courses, curriculum, and academic policies.
- Skills and initiative to establish priorities, exercise independent judgment, work independently and as a team member, perform multiple assignments, distribute efforts among tasks, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of productivity
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to interact with students, alumni, employers, staff, faculty and general public. Effectively represent the GSM and maintain a professional manner at all times.
- Skills to solve problems and develop solutions independently and effectively.
- Skills to handle difficult, sensitive and/or confidential issues with student groups, persons of varying ages and ethnic backgrounds, special interest groups/organizations, employers and company representatives, alumni, campus staff, faculty, the public and others.
- Event Management experience and skills to deliver high-quality events.
- Extensive customer service experience. Knowledge and experience of UC Davis and campus resources.
- Presentation skills to represent the University before large and small groups conveying information verbally and with technological tools.
- Broad and specific Broad and specific knowledge of the graduate and professional student experiences, and related guidelines, such as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.
Fixed work hours: Fridays 9:00am – 6:00pm; Saturdays 8:30am – 4:30pm, with remaining hours negotiable and determined by operational needs to ensure coverage. Maximum hours per week: 40. Work occasional overtime, including some Sundays and evenings, sometimes on short notice to meet operational needs.
Due to essential responsibilities, this position requires onsite support and coverage.
However, after an initial review period, this position may be eligible for flexible work arrangements, including the following:Flex schedule, Hybrid/remote
Work occasional overtime, including some Sundays and evenings, sometimes on short notice to meet operational needs. Occasional travel; drive to Sacramento, Davis and San Ramon campuses and other Sacramento or Bay Area locations