STDT SVC ADVISOR 2
Under direction of the Director of Student & Academic Services, provide leadership and support for the MBA program, including events and activities supporting MBA recruiting, admissions and programming. Provide advice and guidance to diverse students, faculty, staff alumni, applicants, company representatives and the general public regarding MBA policies & procedures, deadlines and events. Act as a primary source of information and communication for MBA prospects and current students in Sacramento. Represent GSM Administration during MBA program hours.
40% Program Management
- Work with staff in Student Affairs and other departments to ensure that all MBA students have an exceptional experience.
- Develop measurement tools to assess student satisfaction.
- Provide high-level professional support for the MBA program, including faculty, students and staff as needed.
- Disseminate information on MBA policies and procedures, deadlines, events, including orientation, registration, special programs, courses, curriculum, academic policies, graduation, commencement and other critical information.
- Serve as primary contact for student concerns, needs, and issues and as front-line decision-maker and communicator for MBA students for activities, events and processes.
- Develop strong working relationships with students and student leaders.
- Anticipate opportunities and issues before they arise and develop programs and processes to ensure their successful resolution.
- Represent the GSM administration, and establish and maintain relationships with current students, alumni and employers for networking and student recruiting opportunities.
- Collaborate with Instructional Resources Analyst to deliver exceptional customer service to all constituencies.
- Serve as back-up to Instructional Resources Analyst. Communicate and liaise with staff from UCD Health regarding logistical program operations.
- Manage the content and updates for the GSM student website, perform content edits, updates and additions for information on admissions, student programs, orientation, academic requirements, registration and commencement.
- Work with the GSM Webmaster to maintain the web pages in a timely manner and ensure that new content meets UC Davis web and editorial standards.
- Complete special projects as requested by the Dean, Senior Assistant Dean and Director. Maintain the confidentiality of student information in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 and other laws and regulations
25% Event Management
- Oversee departmental events and provide support for student-initiated events.
- Make independent decisions, including budgetary management, for event needs and resources.
- Coordinate event logistics with other campus departments or off-campus vendors, including catering, room reservations, room set-up, collateral materials, presentations, and audio/visual equipment needs for information sessions, orientation, campus visits, and other events.
- Secure student and alumni speakers as needed.
25% Recruiting and Admissions
- Develop and implement marketing and recruiting activities aimed at growing Sacramento MBA applications and enrollment.
- Provide comprehensive, in-depth MBA program information through individual advising sessions and group meetings to a diverse population of potential students.
- Represent the GSM at a variety of admissions-related events and activities.
- Fulfill responsibilities in a professional, time-sensitive and confidential manner.
10% Support to GSM Registrar
- Provide support on the full range of enrollment activities involving a variety of online systems.
- Provide enrollment and registration support for the MBA program and provide information to the Deans, Admissions & Student Services and Development & External Relations.
- Ensure the accuracy of data and statistics used in reporting. Complete special projects as requested by the Dean, Senior Assistant Dean, Director and Registrar
- A valid California driver’s license
- Strong technical skills and experience working with online relational databases and systems, electronic communications and web editing. Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Experience establishing goals and workload priorities, handling multiple tasks and complex projects simultaneously with conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines, and flexibility in dealing with people and competing demands. Work with constant interruptions and maintain focus.
- Knowledge of graduate student policies and procedures, academic and career advising, orientation, registration, courses, curriculum, and academic policies.
- Skills and initiative to establish priorities, exercise independent judgment, work independently and as a team member, perform multiple assignments, distribute efforts among tasks, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of productivity
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to interact with students, alumni, employers, staff, faculty and general public. Effectively represent the GSM and maintain a professional manner at all times.
- Skills to solve problems and develop solutions independently and effectively.
- Skills to handle difficult, sensitive and/or confidential issues with student groups, persons of varying ages and ethnic backgrounds, special interest groups/organizations, employers and company representatives, alumni, campus staff, faculty, the public and others.
- Event Management experience and skills to deliver high-quality events.
- Extensive customer service experience. Knowledge and experience of UC Davis and campus resources.
- Presentation skills to represent the University before large and small groups conveying information verbally and with technological tools.
- Broad and specific Broad and specific knowledge of the graduate and professional student experiences and related guidelines, such as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.
Fixed work hours: Fridays 9:00am – 6:00pm; Saturdays 8:30am – 4:30pm, with remaining hours negotiable and determined by operational needs to ensure coverage. Maximum hours per week: 40. Work occasional overtime, including some Sundays and evenings, sometimes on short notice to meet operational needs.
Due to essential responsibilities, this position requires onsite support and coverage.
However, after an initial review period, this position may be eligible for flexible work arrangements, including the following: Flex schedule, Hybrid/remote
Work occasional overtime, including some Sundays and evenings, sometimes on short notice to meet operational needs. Requires some travel; must be able to drive to Sacramento, Davis and San Ramon campuses