Registration Email Archive
Email#1: Spring Registration Instructions Are Public
Dear Full-Time MBA Students,
By now, you have received an email generated from RaPS regarding Spring 2017 registration dates and deadlines. If you don’t see it in your Inbox, please try your junk folder.
The Spring Registration instructions have been posted here. Before you begin registration, please read those instructions so you know all the dates and deadlines as well as registration resources.
SPRING REGISTRATION DATES
- Registration Group 1 (Fall 2015 Entering Students): February 6
- Registration Group 2 (Fall 2016 Entering Students): February 14
- Initial Registration Deadline: February 21
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Register for your courses in RaPS. You must pay your fees in MyBill.Student Bills will be available by February 22.
- First year students will be pre-registered for two core courses:
- 201A The Individual and Group Dynamics
- 252 Managing for Operational Excellence
STUDENTS WHO ARE PLANNING TO NOT ENROLL
You must file a Planned Educational Leave Petition by the initial registration deadline, February 21.
Instructors have been creating videos regarding their spring courses. These videos will be placed on the Full-time Facebook page. For more information, contact Robin Greenspan.
If you have any questions, please contact the GSM Registrar at GSMRegistrar@gsm.ucdavis.edu.
Email #2 : Spring 2017 Registration | Independent Study Guidelines
Dear GSM Students,
If you plan to undertake independent study coursework during the Spring 2017 quarter, please read this message carefully as it provides step-by-step instructions about the approval process. Please note that all steps of the approval process (listed below) must be completed by March 6, 2017. These steps include:
- Draft a course/project plan that satisfies all requirements that pertain to the course type you intend to create. For more information on these course types and their respective requirements, please see the section on Types of Independent Study Projects at the GSM Independent Study Information webpage.
Please limit your course plan to 2-3 pages and include the following information:
- Course/Project Description: Please briefly describe this course/project along with a list of resources you intend to use. You must also describe why you need this course/project, and how it is different from other GSM offerings (either because the course is not offered or the content is different and not covered in any of the courses). If similar offerings exist, then it is recommended that you take a currently existing course.
- Learning Objectives: Please state the main objectives for the course/project. How will this course contribute to your learning?
- Deliverables: What will you produce to demonstrate your mastery of the learning objectives (presentation, project report, weekly assignments etc.)?
- Assessment Criteria: How will your performance in the course be judged?
- Faculty Sponsor: Who is the faculty advisor for your course?
- Unit Value of the Course: For how many units are you taking this course? (e.g., 1, 2 or 3 units)
- Time Commitments: Please note that UC Davis abides by the Carnegie rule, which requires 30 hours of student work for each unit of academic credit awarded. You need to also explain how this work will be distributed across your course objectives.
2. Find an Academic Senate faculty member to sponsor/direct your course. A Senate Faculty member will have the official title of Professor, Associate Professor, or Assistant Professor. Please note that Lecturers are not members of the Academic Senate, and cannot sponsor independent study courses. Please refer to the Faculty Directory on the GSM website for the titles of faculty members who might sponsor or direct your course.
3. Work with your faculty advisor to refine your course plan.
4. Complete the Request for Variable-United Directed Study Course Form. You and your faculty advisor should sign the form and your course plan should be attached to the form before you submit it to the Graduate Advisor at email@example.com by February 20.
5. Make revisions to your proposal as required. After an administrative review of your proposed course/project plan, it will most likely be returned to you with suggested changes and edits. This iterative process must be completed no later than March 6.
Important dates to remember:
1. Deadline to submit a course proposal and signed Request for Variable-Unit Directed Study Course Form to firstname.lastname@example.org: February 20.
2. Final Deadline for completed and approved course proposal (remember that there will be multiple iterations prior to this): March 6.
Please refer to the GSM Independent Study Information for additional information and contact your Program Manager if you have any questions.
Associate Professor of Marketing
Graduate School of Management
University of California Davis
Davis, CA 95616
Email #3: Spring 2017 | Initial Registration Deadline approaching
Spring 2017 registration is now open so register TODAY! Please review the registration instructions here for more details.
Your ASM has been posting course teasers on the Full-time Facebook page for your convenience and review. Check-out your Facebook page to get more information about Spring 2017 courses that may be of interest to you.
SPRING REGISTRATION DEADLINES
Initial registration closes on February 21 at 11:59 p.m.
- Students who enroll after the initial registration deadline are subject to a $110 registration penalty fee.
- Cross-registration requests are confirmed on February 22.
- Unit totals will increase to 16 units on February 22, by 12 noon.
- Unit totals are limited to 14 units through the initial registration deadline.
- The final deadline to complete and approve Independent Study proposals is March 6.
- Schedule adjustments can be made until the add/drop deadline on April 10.
If you have any questions, please contact me directly.
Assistant Director & MBA Program Manager
Full-time MBA Program
University California, Davis
Graduate School of Management