Student Health Insurance Requirement for Continuing Part-Time MBA Students
SHIP 2015-16 Coverage (Fall, Winter, Spring)
For All Continuing Part-Time MBA Students (Bay Area and Sacramento)
Please read the following message completely because it contains important information about new UC Davis mandatory health insurance requirement and charges starting fall 2015.
In 2009, the UC Board of Regents required health insurance as a non-academic condition of enrollment for all University of California students. At that time, the UC Davis campus administration was able to exempt our Part-time (Working Professional) MBA students in the Bay Area and Sacramento programs.
UC Davis has notified the GSM that they can no longer exempt our MBA students from this requirement.
Beginning fall 2015, all MBA students must provide proof of comparable health insurance. Students who don’t provide this proof will be automatically enrolled in the UC Student Health Insurance Plan (UC SHIP) and must pay the SHIP premium. The original message sent by UC Davis to all students is copied at the end of this message.
A few key facts:
- You will automatically be enrolled in the UC Student Health Insurance Plan (UC SHIP).
- UC SHIP fees ($1,318/quarter) will be charged to your student account each term.
- You will be required to pay these fees and will be covered by UC SHIP unless you have an approved waiver application on file with Insurance Services at the UC Davis Student Health & Wellness Center.
WAIVER APPLICATION: Due September 10, 2015
- File your on-line Waiver Application now to avoid any last-minute delays.
- Waiver requests submitted after September 10, 2015 may not be approved.
- Only UC Davis Insurance Services can approve this waiver.
- The fee will automatically be charged to your account. The fee waiver is applied to your account after your waiver application is approved. Waivers apply until next fall.
- Waivers may take up to 10 business days to post to your student account.
- The GSM cannot waive or override this fee.
If you want to keep this coverage, complete information on UC SHIP is available here.
Specific questions may be answered by calling (530) 752-6055 or emailing email@example.com.
We understand that this requirement is unexpected and we appreciate your understanding. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Senior Assistant Dean of Student Affairs
University of California, Davis
Graduate School of Management
From: Student Health and Counseling Services [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2015 9:28 AM
Subject: UC SHIP Waiver Application Now Available
Dear UC Davis Student,
This notice is to advise you that the online waiver application for the 2015-16 academic year is now available. The waiver is online at http://shcs.ucdavis.edu/insurance/waiver.
All UC Davis students are automatically enrolled in UC SHIP each academic year. If you have comparable health insurance, and you do not wish to be enrolled in UC SHIP, you will need to submit a waiver application no later than these posted deadlines:
- The Fall Semester waiver deadline is August 10, 2015
- The Fall Quarter waiver deadline is September 10, 2015
If you would like to remain enrolled in UC SHIP for the 2015-16 academic year, no action is required. To learn more about the benefits available to UC SHIP enrolled students, go to http://shcs.ucdavis.edu/insurance .
NOTE: Student Health and Counseling Services (SHCS) offers care to all registered UC Davis students, regardless of their insurance coverage. To learn more about the services available through SHCS, go to http://shcs.ucdavis.edu.
If you have any questions about the waiver process, UC SHIP, or the services available at SHCS, please contact the Insurance Services office at 530.752.6055 or via email at email@example.com.
** If you have graduated or will not be a registered student for Fall term, you can disregard this message. **