Benjamin Okyere MPAc 13
- Experienced Assurance Associate, Ernst & Young, LLP - Sacramento, Calif.
- Audit Associate, Deloitte & Touche, LLP
- Fund Accountant, State Street Bank – Sacramento, Calif.
“The Graduate School of Management prepares students to be global business leaders. The MPAc program is rigorous, and our professors actively engage, challenge and encourage us to strive for excellence. I’m building the knowledge and skills needed for a successful career in accounting.”
- B.S., Finance, Risk Management and Insurance – California State University, Sacramento
- Managed $50 million portfolio for California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS), largest public pension fund in the U.S.
- Career goal: CPA + controller or CFO at a bank
- Financed 85 percent of undergraduate degree: 40-hour-a-week job while carrying full academic workload
- Family affair: brother is a staff accountant at Moss Adams LLP
- Born in Ghana, West Africa; moved to U.S. in 2003