Bowley Joo MBA 11
I couldn’t have made a better choice. The School’s professors are top-notch and my classmates are intelligent, creative and diverse. I’ve gained the knowledge and skills to make significant change as an international business innovator and leader.
- Corporate Development Intern, Mirion Technologies, Inc., San Ramon, Calif.
- Co-director, Financial Literacy Program, Finance Association
- Director, Team Management, BigBang! Business Plan Competition
- B.A., Mandarin, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
- Order Analyst, ExxonMobil Limited, Bangkok, Thailand
Joo’s parents left their village in Thailand and moved to the capital city in search of better opportunities for themselves and their family. “As a child, I watched them struggle to achieve the best for us. Their experiences and accomplishments taught me diligence, persistence and commitment.”
Joo brought those qualities to her work as an analyst, planner and leader at ExxonMobil Limited in Bangkok—and now is sharing her international business experience with fellow UC Davis MBA students.
She’s also found a new career path. “Being in Northern California, a hub for the green-tech economy, I’ve come to realize how critical renewable energy is. With my UC Davis MBA, I plan to become involved in business development for a multinational company.”