Elena Chavez Carey MBA 10
Managerial Consultant, Quality and Operations Support, The Permanente Medical Group Inc.
Working on a consulting project for Kaiser Permanente, the nation’s largest nonprofit health system, gave our team a crash course in healthcare economics, played out in the middle of the national healthcare debate. Now I help oversee quality and operations support at The Permanente Medical Group, Kaiser’s affiliated physician-owned for-profit partnership in Northern California.
- Project Management Intern, CalPERS
- Blue Shield of Calif., Sacramento, Calif.
Student Leadership and Awards
- Alumni Association Student Fellowship Award
- Researcher for “UC Davis Study of California Women Business Leaders”
- Vice President and Director of Student Affairs
- Associated Students of Management
- Co-Director of Career Development, Davis Net Impact
- Vice President of Finance, Women in Leadership
- Senior Program Planning and Budget Administrator, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, New York, N.Y.
A.B., Social Studies, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
- Featured as Next Generation leader in Hispanic Executive magazine (April/May/June 2012 issue).
- Conversant in Spanish; has recently traveled to Spain, France and Ireland.
- Research writer for the popular Let’s Go guides for Honduras and Nicaragua.
- Completed five half marathons—and still running.