John Barnickel MBA 93
Vice President, Pacific Region, Medtronic Inc.
San Francisco, Calif.
B.S., Finance, California State University, Hayward
My career allows me to strike a rare balance between making money and making meaning. At Medtronic, I am accountable for $200+ million in revenue and 160 sales, service and management colleagues. My UC Davis MBA gave me a global perspective and opportunities to collaborate, tap synergies and improve project outcomes. I use the lessons for effective teamwork every day.
- Built career at world’s largest medical device companies: Medtronic Inc., Guidant Corp. (acquired by Boston Scientific), C.R. Bard Inc.
- Strategic advisor to high-potential Silicon Valley start-up engajer.com.
- Passionate about spending time with family.
- Works in San Francisco, lives in Carmel, relaxes at Lake Tahoe.
- Avid golfer and skier, food and wine aficionado, sports car enthusiast, Rolex collector, Bikram yoga student.