Joncarlo Mark MBA 00
Founder and Managing Member, Upwelling Capital Group LLC
Joncarlo Mark is the founder and managing member of Upwelling Capital Group LLC. Prior to forming Upwelling in 2011, he was a senior portfolio manager at the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). Mark is the chairman of AltExchange Alliance; an advisory board member for the Private Capital Research Institute (PCRI), and serves as the Finance and Investment Committee chair on the UC Davis Board of Trustees.
In 2000 Mark was part of the group of students who founded the GSM Endowment. In 2015 he coordinated a fundraising effort with the Class of 2000 to raise $50,000 for the GSM Endowment; the class now has an interview room named for them at Gallagher Hall.
Mark is a ready and willing volunteer for the School, sharing his time and talents generously. Fueled by his commitment to his alma mater, Mark:
- Guest lectures in the GSM’s multi-asset investing course.
- Regularly hires students for internships and jobs.
- Hosted a panel during the March 2012 UC Davis Symposium on Financial Institutions & Intermediaries.
- Served as a panelist at Capital Connections.
- Serves on the GSM Dean’s Executive Circle.
- Is a loyal UC Davis Aggies football supporter.