Scott Virshup MSBA 18
PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP AND RELATED ACTIVITIES
- Senior Optimization Analyst and Region lead for the Central United States & Canada – As the senior optimization analyst for the central region, I was the point of escalation for other analysts in that region, represented the optimization team to sales and client services, and assisted in the pre-sale process for unusual campaigns.
- Member of Mentorship Committee at RadiumOne – The mentorship program was an internal company initiative that matched industry/company veterans with mentees looking to learn a specific skill. After participating in the program to learn more about Tableau, I joined the mentorship committee to improve on future iterations.
STUDENT LEADERSHIP AND ACTIVITIES
- Director’s Student Advisory Council (DSAC) – Currently underway, I have assisted in planning the first business analytics meetups in the bay area, contacting and arranging logistics with the speakers, and representing the student body on a variety of topics.
Bachelor of Arts in Economics; Psychology minor, Occidental College
- I manage my dog’s Instagram’s account
- I love Wes Anderson movies, especially The Life Aquatic
- I am a master pancake chef
“This degree will help me gain programming skills and the business sense required to be an effective leader in the tech industry.
The things I value most from the UC Davis MSBA program have been the opportunity to work alongside other tremendously intelligent students and faculty, as well as having opportunities to make an impact on the program itself through involvement on the Director’s Student Advisory Council (DSAC) and regular feedback with faculty and administration.”