2005 UC Davis Study of California Women Business Leaders
The UC Davis Graduate School of Management is proud to publish the “2005 UC Davis Study of California Business Leaders.” The first study of its kind for California, the report details how poorly women are represented in the boardrooms and executive suites of the state’s 200 largest publicly held companies.
The findings are clear: the same innovative thinking that drives the eighth largest economy in the world is not propelling women into top leadership positions in business.
News and Press Coverage
- UC Davis Press Release (February 9, 2006)
- Video: UC Davis NewsWatch (RealPlayer and Windows Media Player)
Resources and Related Links
- Forum for Women Entrepreneurs and Executives – The exclusive and highly-valued professional, educational and social organization for women entrepreneurs and executives and their eco-system partners who are actively engaged in high-tech, high-growth companies.
- Professional BusinessWomen of California – An organization designed to meet the leadership, skill and networking needs of California women throughout their careers and across industries.
- State of California Commission on the Status of Women – Established in 1965, the only state agency specifically dedicated to protecting the interests of California women. The commission works to ensure that women have equal rights and opportunity and that enacted legislation does not discriminate against women or otherwise undermine their status or their opportunities.
The Interorganization Network
In partnership with the Forum for Women Entrepreneurs and Executives, the UC Davis Graduate School of Management has joined the Interorganization Network. ION is a consortium of seven regional organizations in the U.S. that advocate increasing the number of women on corporate boards and in executive positions. These organizations, often in collaboration with a university partner, publish annual census reports on the status of women directors and executive officers in public companies in their respective geographic areas.
- The Board of Directors Network in Atlanta
- The Boston Club
- The Chicago Network
- The Forum for Executive Women in Philadelphia
- Inforum Center for Leadership in Detroit
- Women Executive Leadership in Miami
- Milwaukee Women inc
At the national level, Catalyst is the leading research and advisory organization working with businesses and the professions to build inclusive environments and expand opportunities for women at work.