GSM Rainy Day Fund
The GSM Rainy Day fund was established by the graduating Class of 2017 as part of their class gift. The purpose of the fund is to provide financial support to students of any GSM graduate degree program who experience an unexpected situation that affects their ability to pay for their educational expenses, including tuition/fees, books/supplies, and/or transportation.
The funds are NOT a loan but it is hoped that students who benefit from the fund will make donations in the future when their own financial situation has improved.
Students in good academic standing may apply for the award by emailing their Program Manager. The Student Affairs Officers will evaluate all requests and make a recommendation to the Dean of the Graduate School of Management to allocate the award.
- Students with an unexpected hardship and resulting financial need may request funds for school or school-related expenses.
- $150 per person limit for 18-19 academic year.
- Students apply by sending an email to their Program Manager, including their name, email address, student id number, entering class year, program, a description of the unexpected hardship and specifically how they will use the funds.
- Program Manager forwards these confidential requests to the Senior Assistant Dean for Student Affairs for review and recommendation. Due to the nature of these situations, final approval rests with the Dean of the GSM or his/her designee.
- Once a decision has been made, the Program Manger will let the student know the outcome. If approved, funds will be credited to the student’s account through the Financial Aid payment process. If the student’s account balance is $0, the funds will be refunded to the student.
- Review time for a request is typically 3-5 business days. If approved, payment and refunds typically take 1-2 weeks depending on the central Financial Aid Office and Student Accounting timelines.