GSM Rainy Day Fund
The GSM Rainy Day Fund was established by the graduating Class of 2017 as part of their class gift. The purpose of the fund is to provide financial support to students of any GSM graduate degree program who experience an unexpected hardship that affects their ability to pay their educational expenses, including tuition/fees, books/supplies and/or transportation.
The funds are NOT a loan, but it is hoped that students who benefit from the fund will make donations in the future when their own financial situation has improved.
Students in good academic standing may apply for the award by emailing their program manager. The Student and Academic Services department will evaluate all requests and make a recommendation to the dean of the Graduate School of Management to allocate the award.
- Students apply by sending an email to their program manager, including a description of the unexpected hardship and specifically how they will use the funds.
- Students with an unexpected hardship and resulting financial need may request up to $150 per academic year for ONLY school or school-related expenses.
- The program manager forwards all confidential requests to the assistant dean of student affairs for review and recommendation. Final approval rests with the dean of the GSM or his/her designee.
- The program manger will let the student know the outcome. If approved, funds will be credited to the student’s account through the Financial Aid payment process. If the student’s account balance is $0, the funds will be refunded to them.
- Review time for a request is typically three to five business days. If approved, payment and refunds typically take one to two weeks, depending on the central Financial Aid Office and Student Accounting timelines.