2018 sTUDENT vISA Information
Steps for obtaining a student visa
International students must submit an I-20/DS-2019 document request to Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS). An I-20 is required to apply for an F-1 student visa and a DS-2019 is required to apply for a J-1 student visa. Only students in the MBA Exchange program require a DS-2019. All others should request and I-20.
Your offer of enrollment and proof of paid admission deposit is the same as a Statement of Intent to Register, or SIR (as reference by the SISS website and in the iGlobal instructional videos).
If you have questions concerning your student visa, contact Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS) Office at (530) 752-0864 or email them.
How to submit a request for your I-20/DS-2019 form:
- All international students admitted to the Graduate School of Management (GSM) must request an I-20/DS-2019 through the SISS iGlobal Portal.
- To understand how to use the iGlobal portal, watch one of the following instructional videos:
- The Graduate School of Management will email you a direct link to the iGlobal e-form that GSM students are required to submit.
- If you encounter problems with the form, first try another browser or clear your cache. If problems persist, contact the SISS Data Team.
- Your program manager will review your submission for completeness and will be in contact with you if information is missing. Once complete, your form will be forwarded to the SISS team for processing.
- It may take up to four (4) weeks to create your I-20/DS-2019 from the time that SISS receives a complete submission.
- Please allow for at least three (3) weeks for visa processing.
If you have additional questions, please contact your program manager.
MBA Program Manager: Jacqueline Romo, (530) 752-3593, email@example.com
MPAc Program Manager: Alex Minnis, (530) 752-9555, firstname.lastname@example.org
MSBA Program Manager: Shachi Govil, (650) 520-9266, email@example.com
International Student Immigration Mandatory Check-in
One of your first regulatory requirements is to complete the check-in process once you have arrived on campus. SISS has made this process easy by enabling an electronic process through iGlobal. Shortly after your arrival, you will receive an email prompting you to use a check-in link to verify your arrival information. Make sure to complete this task by the given deadline in the email to avoid future registration holds.
If you have questions concerning your student visa, contact SISS.
Full-Time MBA and Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc) INTERNATIONAL Boot Camp and 2018 Orientation
August 27, 2018
Orientation sessions will prepare you academically, professionally and socially to excel in the UC Davis MBA and MPAc programs and beyond. We’ve created a comprehensive orientation that includes active learning sessions, critical thinking exercises and networking opportunities to set the stage for your future success at UC Davis.
For more information and insights regarding your move to Davis, please visit our FAQs page.
MBA Exchange Students
Exchange students are required to attend orientation through SISS. Orientation will take place on Monday, September 24, 2018 from 1-5pm in Young 184.
MSBA Students will attend immigration 101 at a time TBD.