Call for Donations and Support
As part of a week-long celebration of veterans, we will host a community service event at each of our five program locations on Friday, November 9. We are partnering with Sacramento Blue Star Moms, a local non-profit organization, to provide care packages to currently deployed service members and honor the veterans among us through our service to others.
Ways You Can Help
- The care packages are a piece of home for the troops, many of whom are on the front line. Please consider donating items from the following list. You may drop items off in the Dean’s Suite or with program managers in Sacramento (Charleen Floyd), San Francisco (Shachi Govil), and San Ramon (Eva Zhang) from now until November 7.
- Each care package contains a note of appreciation and support. Please consider writing a note or two to include in the packages. Cards are available in the Dean’s Office if you need one, and you can drop completed cards off if you are unable to participate in packing the boxes.
- Any monetary donation is truly appreciated – Sacramento Blue Star Moms spends $30,000 per year to ship out the care packages to troops on the front lines and they have to fundraise for that money. It costs about $15 to ship each care package. Checks for postage can be made payable to Sacramento Blue Star Moms.
Participate in a packing event on November 9 at one of our campuses:
- Davis – noon to 2 p.m., Gallagher Hall Lobby
- Sacramento – 1 to 2 p.m. and 5 to 6 p.m., CHT Room 1331
- San Francisco – 5 to 6 p.m., Classroom B or B2, UC Hastings College of Law
- San Ramon – 5 to 6 p.m., Room 1510, Bishop Ranch 15
If you have any questions, please fell free to contact Stephanie Young-Birkle at firstname.lastname@example.org.