Building and Leading Great Teams
Presented by: Jim Olson, UC Davis Graduate School of Management 2016 Teacher of the Year
Gain a thorough understanding of the dynamics of team-based work settings and your effect on group performance in a safe, learning-rich environment.
Current Dates and Locations for this program
about Building and Leading Great Teams
In this program, you will be introduced to the theory and practice of building, fixing, managing, and leading high-impact teams. You will gain a thorough understanding of the dynamics of team-based work settings and your effect on group performance. During the session, you will be assigned to teams (or can attend as a team) that will exist throughout the program and provide a context for experiencing and learning about the effects of group membership and leadership first hand. You will learn important team concepts and skills from team exercises in a safe, learning-rich environment. Lecture time is minimal. Learning by doing is emphasized.
Who Should Attend?
- Individuals in management or individual contributor roles who want to significantly improve their individual performance on their team, the team’s performance, or their team leadership skills.
- Individuals who lack confidence diagnosing or solving team problems or effectively leading high-impact teams.
- Individuals who understand effective team basics but desire to improve team performance.
Learning Objectives & Program Benefits
- Learn to diagnose group dynamics and determine strategic team options as a manager
- Understand how technological change affects team processes
- Learn practical interpersonal skills for implementing effective strategies for group situations
- Gain valuable experience in team creation, problem diagnosis, and driving team effectiveness in a variety of contexts. You will leave the program with the confidence and skills to optimize your own team performance, and to build and lead highly effective teams.
- Continental Breakfast: 8:00-9:00am
- Morning Session: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Working / Networking Lunch: 12:00-1:30pm
- Afternoon Session: 1:30-4:30pm
The registration fee for this one-day program is $1,500.
- Fee includes all program materials, education fees, continental breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Special pricing available to UC Davis alumni.
- Group pricing rates are available if registering two or more people from the same company at the same time.