BizBridge Mentor Collective
The Mentor Collective program enhances the student experience by linking them one-on-one with an alum. Students are paired with someone invested in their success — a person ready to listen, inspire, help navigate challenges, and recognize opportunities. Students will learn what to expect in school, how to approach challenges and gain career advice. At the same time, mentors will build their networks and develop skills to become better professionals and leaders.
How it Works
BizBridge Mentor Collective matches MBA students with mentors like you, who have been in their shoes and know first-hand about our MBA experience. We’re partnering with Mentor Collective to provide the platform and support for a state-of-the-art virtual hub connecting mentors and mentees. Optional live and recorded mentor training is available for guidance and as a free tool to help enhance your mentoring skills. Additionally, Mentor Collective provides support staff assigned to the BizBridge program to answer any questions or help with concerns.
- We recommend that you and your mentee(s) connect at least once a month.
- The mentorship program is typically one year, but you can stay connected with your mentee(s) for the duration of the student’s time in the program.
Once you are matched with a mentee, you will both decide how you want to connect, which can happen via email, phone, video-chat (ex: Zoom), text or in-person.
- Both mentors and students complete a survey about their backgrounds.
- Mentor Collective matches students and mentors based on what the student says is most important to them.
- Mentor sign-ups are happening now and year-round as-needed.
- Mentee sign-ups typically align with fall orientation (Sept/Oct).
- Introductions between matched mentors and mentees occur between mid-September and mid-October timeframe to align with fall orientation.
What do Mentors and Mentees Discuss?
- Which curriculum or class electives would support my career goals?
- How do I balance the demands of school, responsibilities, and socializing?
- How can I set myself up for academic, social, and career success?
- How do I make connections with peers and professional contacts?
Mentorship is more important now than ever. As a mentor, you’d provide MBA students a space to discuss their experiences and next steps in their careers. Students with mentors feel more supported and connected to the school. We strongly encourage you to become a mentor and make a difference in the success of the next generation of collaborative leaders.
To learn more about how mentors have helped their mentees check out the short video below.