The Graduate School of Management Alumni Association (GSMAA) is a vibrant, dynamic and powerful networking community that is passionate about ensuring GSM’s continued success as a globally ranked MBA program.
The GSMAA board members are a select consortium of alumni leaders who have the important role of serving as liaisons between the alumni population and leadership at the School. The Board’s mission is to facilitate strong affiliations among alumni, students, faculty, staff and the communities that are united within the GSM network.
Purpose and Values
- Fosters and contributes to a close-knit alumni community
- Promotes the value of well-rounded graduates
- Introduces and integrates members into the business community
- Passionate and energetic leadership
- Engaging the GSM Alumni community
- Continued commitment and service to GSM
Because of the importance of their role, members of the board are expected to uphold the following responsibilities:
- Attend three (3) board meetings per year during weekends in Oct, Feb and May. (Meeting locations rotate between Sacramento, Davis and Bay Area locations.)
- Attend at least three (3) GSM events per year to represent the alumni population.
- Fulfill a three-year term with consistent participation.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Great networking with fellow board members and alumni volunteers from other classes and programs.
- Find your next job or find a lead for a new job for your spouse/best friend/sibling.
- Find a co-entrepreneur for your next endeavor.
- Deeper connections than simply attending events.
- Meet fun and like-minded individuals who have a shared GSM connection.
- Access & exposure to the Dean’s Advisory Council, faculty, current student leaders and invitations to special events.
- Add board service to your resume.
Interested? Email our Development and Alumni Relations at email@example.com.
Current Board Members
|Board Member||Company||Job Title||Board Position|
|Kristy Bird MaKieve MBA 15||Butte-Glenn Medical Society||Executive Director||President|
|Archana Arunkumar MBA 10||Workday||Vice Preseident|
|Jamie Butler MBA 10||Amazon Web Services||Director of Solutions Architecture||VP & Nominating Co-Chair|
|Janette Cruz MBA 15||SMUD||Sr. Enterprise Performance Planning Coordinator|
|Sarah Dolnick MBA 11||Amazon Lab126||Senior Finance Manager||Alumni Awards Chair|
|Robin Greenspan MBA 17||Intel||Finance Manager||Student Fellowship Awards Chair|
|Lauren Janus MBA 12||Phila Engaged Giving||Chief Operating Officer|
|Al Lavassani MBA 15||Information Privacy Program Mgr||SoFi|
|Curtis Mann MBA 06||Albertsons Companies||Group VP-Alcohol (Wine, Beer & Spirits)|
|Ted Reiterman MPAc 16||St. Hope||Chief Financial Officer|
|Anna Shen MSBA 18||Data Science Team Lead||Square||Engagement & Fundraising Co-Chair|
|Marcus Seiden MBA 10||FreshRealm||VP Sales and Marketing|
|Jim Terheyden MBA 16||Bessemer Trust||Associate Wealth Advisor||Secretary|
|Rao Unnava||GSM Dean|