The Graduate School of Management Alumni Association (GSMAA) is a vibrant, dynamic and powerful networking community that is passionate about ensuring GSM’s continued success as a globally ranked MBA program.
The GSMAA board members are a select consortium of alumni leaders who have the important role of serving as liaisons between the alumni population and leadership at the School. The Board’s mission is to facilitate strong affiliations among alumni, students, faculty, staff and the communities that are united within the GSM network.
Purpose and Values
- Fosters and contributes to a close-knit alumni community
- Promotes the value of well-rounded graduates
- Introduces and integrates members into the business community
- Passionate and energetic leadership
- Engaging the GSM Alumni community
- Continued commitment and service to GSM
Because of the importance of their role, members of the board are expected to uphold the following responsibilities:
- Attend three (3) board meetings per year during weekends in Oct, Feb and May. (Meeting locations rotate between Sacramento, Davis and Bay Area locations.)
- Attend at least three (3) GSM events per year to represent the alumni population.
- Fulfill a three-year term with consistent participation.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Great networking with fellow board members and alumni volunteers from other classes and programs.
- Find your next job or find a lead for a new job for your spouse/best friend/sibling.
- Find a co-entrepreneur for your next endeavor.
- Deeper connections than simply attending events.
- Meet fun and like-minded individuals who have a shared GSM connection.
- Access & exposure to the Dean’s Advisory Council, faculty, current student leaders and invitations to special events.
- Add board service to your resume.
Interested? Email our Development and Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Board Members
|Board Member||Company||Job Title||Board Position|
|Kristy Bird MaKieve MBA 15||Butte-Glenn Medical Society||Executive Director||President|
|Jamie Butler MBA 10||Amazon Web Services||Director of Solutions Architecture||VP and Nominating Co-Chair|
|Janette Cruz MBA 15||SMUD||Sr. Enterprise Performance Planning Coordinator||Nominating Co-Chair|
|Abigayle Curtis MBA 14||U.S. CAD||Sr. Business Develop. Exec.||Alumni Engagement Chair|
|Christa Dyck MBA 05||IBM||Sales Specialist||Alumni Awards Chair|
|Robin Greenspan MBA 17||Intel||Finance Manager||Student Fellowship Awards Chair|
|Mackenzie Guinon MBA 14||Work Day||User Experience Researcher Analytics Strategy|
|Bryan Johnson MBA 03||Capital Engineering Consultants||President, Health Care Market Leader|
|T.J. Johnson MBA 12||PIC - Nashville||North America Finance Lead||Fundraising Chair|
|Al Lavassani MBA 15||Information Privacy Program Mgr||SoFi|
|Dylan Lee MPAc 16||Old Navy||Senior Analyst, Company Planning||MPAc Alumni Chair|
|Anna Shen MSBA 18||Data Science Team Lead||Square|
|Bryan Shepherd MBA 11||Agilent Technologies||Division Controller||Past President|
|Jim Terheyden MBA 16||Bessemer Trust||Associate Wealth Advisor||Secretary|
|Jane You MBA 14||Dropbox||Group Product Manager, Go-to-Market Apps|
|Rao Unnava||GSM Dean|
|Mike Palazzolo||Faculty Representative|
|Kalina Springer||Full-Time MBA Student Representative|
|Kristin Bonham||Sacramento MBA Student Representative|
|Gatha Sehgal||Bay Area MBA Student Representative|
|TBD||MPAc Student Representative|
|Nandini Basu||MSBA Student Representative|