One of the best things about Graduate School of Management is the tight-knit community. As an alumni or friend of GSM, there are countless ways you can connect with this valuable community that also speaks to your strengths and interests.
Mentor a Student
If you want to have a significant impact on the success of a GSM student, then you should consider being an alumni mentor for GSM’s first-year Full-Time MBA student program. Through this year-long commitment, you can also realize reciprocal benefits as you foster a relationship built around encouragement, trust and support.
To sign up or for more information, contact Antoine Broustra.
Join a Committee
Alumni Awards Committee
Through this one-time a year commitment, you would have the opportunity to help select two GSM graduates annually who embrace our core values of passionate, energetic leadership, and continued advocacy of team building and service.
Student Fellowship Awards Committee
This is a one-time a year commitment where you can help select one exceptional student from each of the degree programs to receive a cash gift that is applied toward the cost of their education.
Become an Alumni Ambassador
Serve as an alumni leader for your class to keep your classmates connected to each other and to the School by
- Get the word out about GSM event and School updates.
- Help celebrate each other’s good news such as promotions, baby announcements, etc.
- Help increase philanthropic support of the School.
- Help plan your class reunion.
- Unite alumni within your company or help plan networking opportunities for your industry.
Serve as an alumni leader for fellow GSM alumni in your region helping to build community and drive the following efforts:
- Coordinate fun and engaging activities for alumni in your region such as happy hour, play dates, hikes, book or wine club, bowling, and more.
Join the GSM Alumni Association Board
Members of the GSM Alumni Association Board are a select group of individuals who are given the unique opportunity to help lead the dynamic and powerful network that is our GSM alumni community. The GSMAA board represents the best of what the GSM alumni community has to offer to the public. They also have an important role in serving as liaisons between the alumni population and leadership at the school.
Because of the importance of their role, members of the board are expected to uphold the following responsibilities:
- Attend three (3) board meetings per year during weekends in Oct, Feb and May. Meeting locations rotate between Sacramento, Davis and Bay Area locations.
- Attend at least three (3) GSM events per year to represent the alumni population
- Fulfill a three-year term with consistent participation.
Benefits and opportunities:
- Great networking with fellow board members and alumni volunteers from other classes and programs.
- Find your next job or find a lead for a new job for your spouse/best friend/sibling.
- Find a co-entrepreneur for your next endeavor.
- Deeper connections than simply attending events.
- Meet fun and like-minded individuals who have a shared GSM connection.
- Access and exposure to the Dean’s Advisory Council, faculty, current student leaders and invitations to special events.
- Add board service to your resume.
Interested? Email our Development and Alumni Relations at email@example.com or complete the volunteer interest form.
Support GSM Excellence through Giving
A gift to the Graduate School of Management can make a tremendous difference in advancing excellence at one of the top business schools in the U.S. Your support will positively influence:
- the trajectory of our students’ success,
- the opportunities of our internationally ranked faculty, and
- the entrepreneurial mindset that we foster at the Graduate School of Management.
Other Ways to Engage with the GSM community
There are many other opportunities to connect with the Graduate School of Management community in a way that is meaningful to you. You can:
- Hire a UC Davis Graduate School of Management student or graduate.
- Refer/recruit prospective students.
- Spearhead your company's involvement in a strategic consulting project or become a Business Partner.
- Mentor or judge aspiring entrepreneurs in our flagship Big Bang! Business Competition.
- Be the team player that brings top-level continuing education to your company by letting us create a custom Executive Education program tailored for your company’s needs.
To discover more ways you can get involved with GSM, contact our alumni relations office at firstname.lastname@example.org.