The Graduate School of Management Biotechnology Industry Immersion course provides students with vital knowledge in this important segment of the life sciences industry.
You will learn extraordinary leadership and management skills in addition to the scientific innovations of the biotechnology industry, plus gain a framework of understanding around the complex forces that shape and drive this important industry.
You’ll learn from top industry executives through live cases about:
- Growth and new developments
- Drug innovations
- Drug regulations
- Marketing and commercialization
“Most MBA programs leverage cases to help bring texture to business concepts, but the Immersion program brings cases to life and lets you experience them.” – David Bodimer MBA 19
“It’s a fantastic opportunity for students to get some knowledge and classroom learning about the intersection between business, academia and biotechnology.” – Christopher Murriel, OncoMed Pharmaceuticals
- Curriculum designed by both UC Davis faculty and industry executives to reflect the latest challenges in the industry
- Hands-on, problem-solving experiences each week with a team of MBA-biotech sciences student team
- Five weeks of interactive classes taught by senior executives from a select group of companies
- Group assignments in every class, examining potential solutions to management challenges
- Merit-based scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $44,000 are available to incoming MBA admits for fall 2021.
Recent Executive Speakers
- Lonnie Bookbinder, Ph.D., MBA, Founder and CEO, ARIZ Precision Medicine
- Robert Bottome, Executive Director, Global Supply Chain, BioMarin Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Seema Kantak, Ph.D., Executive Director, Biologics & Biotherapeutics, Exelixis, Inc.
- Anna Marie Tuazon, Ph.D., Manager, Regulatory Affairs, Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Craig Shimasaki, Ph.D., MBA, President and CEO, Moleculera Labs and BioSource Consulting
- Tracy Brockman Shafizadeh, Ph.D., Director, Scientific Communications, Evolve BioSystems, Inc.
- Samara Freeman, Ph.D., Director of Regulatory Affairs and Intellectual Property, Evolve BioSystems, Inc.
- Steve Chamow, Ph.D., Principal, Chamow and Associates
- Kristen Beck, Ph.D., Staff Scientist, Research Staff Member, Industrial and Applied Genomics, IBM Research-Almaden
- Vivien Chan, Ph.D., Chief Operating Officer, Eureka Therapeutics, Inc.