We are dedicated to investing in UC Davis campus leaders
If you are a UC Davis employee (75% FTE or higher), you are eligible to apply for a significant scholarship that will help you achieve your dream of obtaining an MBA from our globally ranked program.
The Graduate School of Management offers up to five scholarships a year for staff working at each of the following campuses: UC Davis’ main campus, the San Ramon campus, and the Sacramento campus (UC Davis Health and Aggie Square). Scholarships can be used for either the Sacramento Part-Time MBA program or the Bay Area Part-Time MBA program.
These competitive awards are distributed based on a person’s intellectual curiosity and strength, demonstrated leadership, professional effectiveness, and strong teamwork and communication skills. Ideal candidates are accomplished professionals who have high leadership potential.
This scholarship program is open to new students ONLY, applying to start the program in fall 2023.
Am I eligible?
You could be selected to receive a scholarship if you meet the following criteria:
- Work at UC Davis in a 75% FTE or higher career appointment.
- Admitted to the UC Davis Part-Time MBA program for the upcoming academic year.
- Strong academic background and potential.
- Ability to enrich the management education of the MBA program.
How much are the scholarships?
If selected, you will receive between $3,000-$12,000 per academic year (for up to three years) – up to $36,000 total. The award amounts are the same for either program and are based on a your demonstrated academic, management and leadership potential.
How to do I apply?
To apply for the scholarship:
- Select your UC Davis affiliation in the MBA application.
- Then, under “Please use this field to upload any additional requested documents from the Admissions Committee, such as supplemental scholarship documents.”, please upload a PDF version of your scholarship essay and letter of endorsement (requirements for these documents can be found below).
- 1-2-page essay describing the positive impact you have already made on the community here at UC Davis, and how as an employee you would contribute to the richness of the UC Davis MBA learning environment.
- A letter of endorsement from your current UC Davis direct manager. (Scholarship Committee will consider the letter of recommendation submitted with your MBA application, if it was from your direct UC Davis manager).